UAS cured!

Steve97365

Reaction score
First, I want thank those of you who replied to my post about what to buy. I'm sure many are tired of that ilk.
Someone steered me from Mainland, Islander, and Big Island to Pono and Andrew at HMS.

Thank You, Thank you, Thank You!!

I called with a lot of questions and we emailed back and forth until Andrew was fairly certain what I was looking for. I gave him my budget restrictions and short list of have to haves, and based on the overwhelming positive reviews of HMS and of personal dealings with Andrew, I gave him Carte Blanche.

When I return home from the Big Island in a little over a week, I will be greeted by a Pono ATSH Pro Classic that was a store demo at a pretty good discount. I'm thrilled, and Andrew assured me that I would be very happy with it.

Thanks again for the help in finding HMS and Andrew!

Whoah, sounds like you got a good deal. I'll bet too that you'll be happy with it. Now, the search for the perfect strings begins.

I have to admit that I had to stretch my budget a bit, but I received a much better uke with a gloss finish, radiused fretboard and slothead, and much nicer bling so the price was easily justified IMHO.

But I told darling wife that this would be the last uke purchase. I didn't "pinky swear" though.

But I told darling wife that this would be the last uke purchase. I didn't "pinky swear" though.

The last uke purchase this year, maybe... LOL

Seriously, though. Congratulations - the Ponos are very good and if you buy another uke it won't be because your first was inadequate but because you've discovered that, to paraphrase the old Lay's commercials, you can't eat just one...

John

I love demos/floor models/seconds. Such great deals to be had. Can't wait to see it!

Yes, you'll be very happy with your new Pono. Cograts.

I don't think UAS is curable; it can be treated, staved off for a time, but it's only in remission ...

Steve

Very true. Even when you don't have the money to buy one with, it will still gnaw at you.

Congrats on the new uke!

Thanks for the replies. I hadn't even thought about string questing, but at least that kind of questing is more affordable than a new uke purchase. I'll look into the Southcoast strings, Andrew...thanks again.

Congrats on finding a nice Pono. HMS is awesome. Pics will be required once you get together.

Hopefully this purchase will make your stay on the Big Island more bearable :)

Living Water ukulele strings...or Worth Strings...imho...have yet to hear the ones Andrew recommended...but he would know!

When you go for another, just told her it was your last uke purchase BEFORE you purchased another one. Simple.
I always told my wife I needed just one more, and so I set myself up for success as each uke is just "ONE MORE" ;-)

Top Bottom