Pono pro classic rosewood/cedar to baritone second / pickup blem

Status
Not open for further replies.

singsong

Reaction score
In the last year I have only seen one other PC Pono Baritone Slot Head and this is the first second I have seen. This is a Pono Rosewood/Cedar top Pro Classic Baritone with passive pickup. I am going to list this at $850 later this week but for the next 48 hours I will offer it to a UU member for $700 plus $25 shipping. In 48 hours I will withdraw the offer and close this thread. Realize the following 1. This is a second and 2. It has two visible creases in the top; one just below the first string and one below the third string between the sound hole and the bridge. I have included some photos but can send more. If interested send me an email bevsingsong@ymail.comr5.jpgr6.jpgr4.jpgr1.jpg

Attachments

• r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 70
With the exception of the non-radiused fretboard ... it is exactly what I am looking for ...
What are the strings that accompany it?
Would you be able to post pictures of the Blemishes?
Is a bag included with it?
Where did you get it from? Was it HMS? Curious about its set up.

Thank you.

Right now it has Ko'olau Gold Baritone strings on it. I can put a set of Worth light brown Baritone strings in the box or string it for you when we check the setup. A case does not come with it but I will include a padded gig bag for free or sell you a hard case at my cost. I bought this from a Hawaiian dealer who was overstocked. It does not have a "2" printed in it but it is a factory second. Photographing the blemishes are difficult. In the above pictures I have tried to reflect the light off of the surface showing the creases. One is about 4 inches long just above the "D" string starting at the bridge and slanting towards the sound hole. the other is about 2 inches long and is not a crease but an indent at the seam between the bridge and the sound hole between the G and B strings. I'll try and take some more an post them.

These pics are the best I can do to show the blems. I have included close ups without reflecting light and they are hard to see unless you examine the ukulele then they are readily visible. I should add that this ukulele has great tone; the blems do not affect its play at all, just its looks close-up. The regular retail for this item is $1189 the passive pickup from the manufacturer would add $150. For a total of $1339 subtract from this the absents of a Oahu hard case at $94 and it would be $1245. I am offering it here for $700 that's $545 under the retail price. After looking at the strings I am going to restring it with a new set of Flori-Carbon strings.
c1.jpgc2.jpgc3.jpgc4.jpgc5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom