Manzanita Build #10

Dougf

Reaction score
A few shots in-progress and the finished product, this one is a 15" concert scale. I'm running out of the bigger pieces, so I did a double book match for the back. The back, sides, fingerboard, and headstock veneer are all from the same piece of wood. The soundboard and neck are incense cedar.

open.jpg
unfinished.jpg
back.jpg
front.jpg
side.jpg

another pretty build, Doug. I like the stripes in the body and the addition of a skunk stripe and a head plate on the back of the head. #10 already! Time to design a sound hole label ;)
Love it!

Very nice Doug. That Manzanita is sure pretty wood.

Wow. #10 build for you! Congrats.

Beauty, Doug.

Are you using friction tuners, or have you decided to try Peghead or Gotoh planetary tuners yet?

And is the bridge a string-through, or something else?

-Kurt​

Beauty, Doug.

Are you using friction tuners, or have you decided to try Peghead or Gotoh planetary tuners yet?

And is the bridge a string-through, or something else?

-Kurt​

Hi, Kurt, I've used Peghed tuners on all I've built so far. I've also used string-through bridges on all of them, which is what Rick Turner used in his class. The finish that works best for me is Tru-oil.

Hi, Kurt, I've used Peghed tuners on all I've built so far. I've also used string-through bridges on all of them, which is what Rick Turner used in his class. The finish that works best for me is Tru-oil.

Great! When we met at the Wine Country Festival, I don't remember if I got a chance to get a good look at your uke. I do know that I didn't get nearly enough time to talk to you, but the heat was doing a number on my wife, and (I realized when I got out of it) me, so we ended up leaving instead of going to the open mic.

Any chance you'll be going to the Bay Area Jam on March 29 in SF? I'm planning on being there, and having my Donaldson with me.

-Kurt​

Top Bottom