Season 106 of the Ukulele

Shady Wilbury

Reaction score

Hello, Seasonistas!

I outlined your task in my special 'on location' video above. This week's all about my favourite Beatle.

• George Harrison songs
  • Something and While My Guitar...as bonuses
  • If you're a songwriter, and inspired by George, feel free to write a song for his birthday
  • Random draw if I cannot choose winners
  • PM me if you need help choosing a song

Out of respect for our current host, Ukuleledaddy, please do not post any videos until after midnight Hawa'ii time tomorrow. (10am GMT)

Looking forward to seeing your videos!

Entries

Bonuses

This discussion happened later in the thread, but I'm adding it to the first post, so that newcomers can find it easily.

Originally Posted by Shady Wilbury
Solo, plus his Beatles songs:

Don't Bother Me
I Need You
You Like Me Too Much
Think For Yourself
If I Needed Someone
Taxman
Love You To
I Want To Tell You
Within You Without You
Long Long Long
Piggies
Here Comes the Sun

If you're thinking Traveling Wilburys, go for it.
Don't forget Blue Jay Way, It's All Too Much, It's Only a Northern Song, Savoy Truffle, I Me Mine, and For You Blue.

Great theme! I hope I have time to contribute this week!

- FiL

Songs George recorded
Songs George wrote
A comprehensive site for chords to the majority of George's songs

Last edited:
I'm pleased you're on board, myrna. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :cool:

Great theme Casey. Haven't got a clue what I'm gonna do but really looking forward to finding one.

I second (or third) appreciation for the theme. I am very psyched about one tune in particular. Don't know if I can do it justice, but I plan to try.

shady - GREAT intro vid, charming, and i love the hat! what super prizes too - and i'm sure the mystery extra prize is super as well!

One of the awesome things about the seasons is discovering new things. Though I have been a lifelong Beatles fan, I have not discovered and appreciated all of Georges solo work. So, as I have this week off I believe that there is a trip to the library in my near future and a discovery of some new music. I have seen George's CDs in the section but have never checked them out. I did however, recently listen to a benefit that he did that had Peter Tork playing banjo on it that I really liked. So, I look forward to this weeks challenge and seeing what great GH stuff that I find.

Thanks Shadey

Too funny - just last night I was watching a lesser-known George Harrison song on YouTube ... because a friend's Facebook post led me there. And I was thinking it would be fun to do for a Seasons video. And wondered what theme might be appropriate to do it. And then you answered my question to the universe. Crazy! Guess I know which one I'm meant to do.

Great video, great theme, great prizes, great hat, great fireplace, Casey. Are you on a ski trip? Looks cozy. Looking forward to this! Namaste, back atcha.

Just to confirm, is that just SOLO or BEATLES tracks? nothing that he did with anyone else.

Thanks

Wendy...

Thanks for making me smile. Me going on a ski trip would be pointless, as there are times when I can't stay upright for more than ten minutes at a stretch. I was looking for somewhere with a Friar Park (George Harrison's stately home) feel, and the room that leads into the meeting room at my university fit the bill.

Looking forward to hearing your song(s)

Don't Bother Me
I Need You
You Like Me Too Much
Think For Yourself
If I Needed Someone
Taxman
Love You To
I Want To Tell You
Within You Without You
Long Long Long
Piggies
Here Comes the Sun

If you're thinking Traveling Wilburys, go for it. :)

This is wild. I heard a George song on the radio the other day and thought it would be neat to do.

Sometimes the song chooses the Seasonista and not the Seasonista chooses the song. I'll make sure it's on the list. Hmm. It's not. I'll PM you Shady.

....and they're off :music:

Rex, there's another list - of songs he has sung & presumably recorded. There's a link at the top of the list.

Thanks, Daveey.

I forgot to mention that one - shame on me. :)

pabrizzer - excellent way to kick off the season! Your video's in the entries playlist. :)

Don't Bother Me
I Need You
You Like Me Too Much
Think For Yourself
If I Needed Someone
Taxman
Love You To
I Want To Tell You
Within You Without You
Long Long Long
Piggies
Here Comes the Sun

If you're thinking Traveling Wilburys, go for it. :)

Don't forget Blue Jay Way, It's All Too Much, It's Only a Northern Song, Savoy Truffle, I Me Mine, and For You Blue.

Great theme! I hope I have time to contribute this week!

- FiL

Top Bottom