FS Custom Kanile’a Super Concert Ukulele Master Grade Koa and Bocote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
FS Custom Kanile’a Super Concert, Master Grade Koa and Bocote

**SOLD** For sale is a custom Kanilea Super Concert, fully custom, one of a kind. The custom uke features includes:

• Master grade solid Koa top
  • Figured Mexican Bocote Back and sides
  • Thuya burl beautiful rosette
  • Black mother of pearl purfling everywhere: on the top, back ,and fingerboard.
  • Ebony fingerboard and bridge.
  • Fingerboard extends to match the sound hole
  • Curly maple binding on the top, back, fingerboard, rosette, and headstock.
  • Custom hand cut inlay on the headstock
  • Kanile’a gloss UV cured poly finish
  • Closed Grover tuners, dark chrome.
  • Tenor scale/tenor neck, concert body
This custom Kanile’a Super Concert was made in Hawaii in 2011 and comes with a Kanile’a SC hard case that I got from HMS .

This uke is in MINT condition with no dings, scratches or strum marks. The only issue with this uniquely beautiful instrument is some minor finish/surface cracking along a couple Bocote gains in the Back at the bottom of lower bout, see pic next post. It has been like this since I received it. There is internal back center bracing behind the area, so no structural issue, IMO. I am the 2nd owner. The original owner, who built ukes, at Kanile'a valued the uke at over $3,500. Trying to get my collection smaller is the only reason I’m selling this. It’s a great uke, but some ukes have to go this year.

Asking $1400 + shipping.
Here is a recent sound sample with Aquila strings, in standard C tuning.
https://app.box.com/s/e5xq2wt8em2pcdiampz8

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here's the area where the only imperfections are located on the lower bout back.

attachment.php

More pics
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Whoa... :drool:

You have quite a collection, Doc. Seriously. Good luck with the sale.

Wow! Tons of custom touches on this one: those purflings and bindings are certainly premium features. Thankfully, I've never been a big fan of bocote--if it were Koa or Rosewood, I'd have purchased this on the spot. Indeed, the price of a uke with these specs from the factory would be in the $3000+ range; so for someone who wants this wood combo, it's a steal of a deal. GLWS.

PM checked. This uke is now sold. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom