New Ukulele e-zine

Steveperrywriter

Reaction score
Not trying to sell anybody anything here, no connection with the folks who publish it, but I have much enjoyed reading, and looking at the uke p*** in, the new Ukulele Rhythms e-zine, both the preview and 1st issues.

The preview issue had a piece on Chuck Moore, and is a freebie.

In the 1st issue, just out, there's a nice story on Big Island luthier Woodley White, one of whose ukes I own; several how-to articles that made me realize how little I really know about music, the universe, and everything; and reviews of more affordable instruments.

Just an FYI heads-up for anybody who might be interested.

I subscribed right away - $ 10/year - and am very pleased with the 1st issue.

I also subscribed. Given the digital format, I hope they will soon incorporate sound files and video. They could include sound samples with the tabs, uke reviews, etc. I subscribe to a few digital car magazines (e.g., Automobile) and the embedded digital video (requires an internet connection) really adds to the enjoyment. Nothing like hearing and seeing the new Corvette in action in a video while reading all the details.

I subscribed immediate after the first free issue. I also subscribe to Ukulele magazine published by Acoustic Guitar Magazine. I want to encourage all of them to continue and help build our instrument's PB base! Both are very enjoyable and well done!

It's a great magazine.

My ukulele was pictured in the sample issue. (It always surprises me when I see it other than in my hands.)

Thanks for the comments guys!

Just to chip in; we have made some changes since the preview issue; namely you will find a lot more instructional material from now, but the same amount of gear content, we believe in adding content not substituting!

Eddie: at the moment, we're just exploring the embedding option, but needless to say you will find the soundclips and videos to increase in number over the year on our youtube channel.

Warmest regards,
Terence
editor
www.ukulelerhythms.com

Top Bottom