WTB: K BRAND OR QUALITY equivalent LONG NECK SOPRANO pineapple w/geared tuners

davo17

Reaction score
I am interested in buying a long neck soprano pineapple
with geared tuners preferably koa or figured koa

must be pineapple must have geared tuners ,

will consider concert and tenor also

can be well loved but no cracks

let me know what u have and how much u want , i won't lowball you .
Dave

not interested in: Kala, Mele, or stuff like that

Last edited:
Is this just i very uncommon configuration, or are they so dearly loved no one is willing to give them up ?

Is this just i very uncommon configuration, or are they so dearly loved no one is willing to give them up ?

Ha ha, probably a little of both! Longneck Koaloha pineapples are fairly easy to come by, but (a) they usually have friction tuners, and (b) in general, people love them so they don't come up for sale all that often. Kamaka longneck sopranos are much more rare; until recently, they came with friction tuners as well but are now being sold with Gotoh UPTs - but this is pretty recent so I doubt many have made it to the resale market just yet. Can't speak to the other K brand (or other similar brands) since I'm entirely unfamiliar with their ukes.

hmmmm i do love Koaloha's , i wonder if black bear ever makes a long neck ? that macadamia stuff he does is amazing to look at ,i just wonder how bright the sound would be compared to koa i may have to bite the bullet and go new with a koaloha if no one is willing to part with a used one
thanks for the input

I like the Long Neck Kamaka Tenor. It's not a Pine Ape but has sweet tone. Good luck.

How about geared tuners that look like friction tuners, and don't stick out to the side? Sometimes cases won't fit because of the width added by button shafts out the side. PEGHEDS are the lightest weight gear tuners.
See www.pegheds.net and look at them on a pineapple and two different 8 shaped ukes. You don't have to have heavy geared tuners to have easy, positive tuning.

ya those pegheads are cool but i like the gotoh upts better little more compact , looks like my search may be over , didn't find all i wanted but a nice black bear macadamia soprano pineapple might be headed my way soon , still working out the details , but it has the upt's and looks freakin amazing

I have a pineapple longneck (concert scale) soprano body Mya Moe, and it has fantastic sound. I am pleased with it, and it has a bluegrassy/bluesy/country sound, despite being made of koa. It has Peghed geared tuners. It plays so smoothly. I also have an Asturias soprano body, long neck (concert scale) with rosewood back and sides and spruce top with Florentine cutaway and Gotoh UPT tuners, made in limited numbers from Japan. It is absolutely the most gorgeous sounding ukulele for picking that I have ever played. It is so clean, crisp, resonating. Medium volume, yet so perfectly intoned, it gives me the willies just thinking about it. I think HMS has one like mine in stock, and one super-concert, too (unless they sold already) from NAMM.

So, yea, you could say that I like super-sopranos. You are on the right track, davo17.

Last edited:
Yes that sounds perfect , i was not getting a lot of long neck offers so i went with a standard pineapple macadamia black bear with gears so the only part of my wish list i missed on was the long neck part , i hope this works for me , my suspicion is your mya moe would take a lot more than 650 to pry out of your hands coolkayaker , i was hoping to keep my costs under 1000 so maybe this will satisfy the itch
.........but you know how it is the only thing better than the ukulele you own is the one you don't.

Top Bottom