Contacting Ken Timms...?

CeeJay

Reaction score
I read about Ken Timms ukes here yesterday and liked the look of the cut of their jib (and their bridge). So I stampede to google search the internet engine in a rapid manner and tried to find where said geezer is holed up...............and you know what? ....some lovely and salivatingly delicious videos and photoes.....not much on prices and as to his domicile or business residence ..nish ....from where does this gentleman peddle his excellently crafted wares !!??

He posts here under the name Timbuck. He usually sells his instruments on eBay or directly on this and other forums, and you have to be quick on the draw to get one as they're in high demand. So high, in fact, that Mr. Timms is taking a well-deserved break from making ukuleles for a while.

If the first link above doesn't work, the ones he puts to auction typically fetch between 325-400 GBP. For now, you'll have to make do with keeping an eye out for people selling theirs, which hardly ever happens.

Last edited:
Thanks ........Cheers

CJ

Only quadruple?
Out of my cold dead hands.
CeeJay, it would be worth the wait if you went with a Timms.
h

If you can't get ahold of a Timms (I'll gladly sell you mine for triple...wait...quadruple the original price :)), here's another one that recently caught my eye. I have no experience with it other than what I've seen in these videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLPV2TG5H2Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Info about the uke here:
http://www.wunderkammerinstruments.co.uk/#home

I have met Sammu or 4Uke thru' the Seasonista part of the forum and an outstanding player she is indeed y.........this gents Ukes may be worth a try as well...but confession time ....I am not a sophisticated picker ...I am an old style strummer ..and not even a great...but belive that this style should also get the best as well

..so thanks for the pointer ...may give Mr Bristol a ring (that's where wunderkamminnster etc are btw )

cheers

CJ

Top Bottom