WTB Mainland Slotted Mahogany Tenor with Pickup

A.H.

Reaction score
Anyone? Would also be willing to trade 2 ukuleles for the Mainland:

1) Kala KA-ATP-CT - Cedar/Acacia Tenor: Slotted headstock, solid top cedar with laminate acacia back and sides, strung with Titanium T2 strings, also has a kremona pickup with chord of course, Oahu hardcase included, strap buttons. The matted finish version, not the gloss.

2) Makai LK 80j - Concert size with solid top cedar and juneberry/ willow laminate back and sides, padded gig bag, strung with Aquilas

Both are in excellent condition and are very punchy. Will post photos if I get any interest.

Would you be willing to sell the Kala to finance the other deal?

sam13 - I'd seriously consider it. PM me!

I listened to the Kala online and don't like the tone.

I am considering going for a Mainland as well.

Good luck.

sam13 -
If you're looking for cedar wood, I played the Mainland Red cedar tenor a while back. It was nice! Don't think you could go wrong with that one, and a lot of underground members love theirs

I listened to the Kala online and don't like the tone.

I am considering going for a Mainland as well.

Good luck.

I own that Kala model, and it's okay with the stock Aquila strings. It sings with Oasis, however. Another case of a thin top uke, and thick, overly stiff strings. I don't know if I've heard a sound sample without the Aquilas, but they're too percussive, and kill the instrument's great sustain.

I own that Kala model, and it's okay with the stock Aquila strings. It sings with Oasis, however. Another case of a thin top uke, and thick, overly stiff strings. I don't know if I've heard a sound sample without the Aquilas, but they're too percussive, and kill the instrument's great sustain.

Interesting ... thanks for posting FrankB ... I am having a hard time deciding an inexpensive Uke to take out to group meetings, or play around ... maybe I should just not bother and go for what I like which are the middle to upper end of the Pono's ... and a Kamaka Long Neck Tenor or Kanile'a Premium ...

Just want to have something that I fiddle with and have about and not get to stressed if my 4 year old plays it or my 2 year old knocks it about.

sam13 -
If you're looking for cedar wood, I played the Mainland Red cedar tenor a while back. It was nice! Don't think you could go wrong with that one, and a lot of underground members love theirs

Not sure if it is me, but the Aquila strings on it are too bright and plinky for me .... and it is LOUD ... I want to really love it because I do love cedar and rosewood combination ... and there are some B stock available ... so the price point is golden.

Top Bottom