PDA

View Full Version : getting this ukulele tattoo today!!

Penguinofsorts
02-27-2014, 01:16 AM
EDIT - session 1 pic on page 4!!

FINAL PIC - DONE!!! On page 12 :-)

Hey guys! So I'm taking the plunge and after a few years of loosely thinking about getting a ukulele tattoo and about a year of seriously thinking about getting a GOOD one, I'm getting my first tattoo today! I know the artist personally and he's amazing! This is the sketch that he's worked up from my idea (this was when it was not quite finished). And it's going to be LARGE...you can see the neckline and the lower back/butt markers on the drawing. Anyway. I'm pretty excited about it. This will probably take several sessions, and the leaves will go from green/spring on the left, to fall colors in the middle, to bare branches and then a few green leaves on the right to signify renewing of life/the cycle.

This tattoo will have so much meaning to me. The ukulele, even though I'm not the best player, is a huge part of my life. I find myself coming back to it over and over, especially in times of difficulty or joy...or anytime, really, and I'd like to always remember that...when times get hard, grab the ukulele! For me, learning to play the ukulele was kind of a turning point in my life... I kind of came into my own and became able to express myself, and just put myself out there...

Anyway, so the tree/indication of seasons renewing/ukulele kind of all ties in for me!!!

Here's the pic!

SEE PAGE 11 for most recent pics!!! Only allowed 5 per post.

ukeeku
02-27-2014, 01:33 AM
NICE!! Can't wait to see it at UWC.
Also.. Pics or it didn't happen Bro

actadh
02-27-2014, 02:45 AM
I can see the pic, and I like it. Your description of what the ukulele has meant to you is wonderful.

Concertina
02-27-2014, 03:15 AM
It's gorgeous!! I got my (also giant) ukulele tattoo over the summer. Right after it healed, it started getting cold so I've had it covered up all winter...But I can't wait to finally be able to show it off!

You will love it!!

Ukejenny
02-27-2014, 03:27 AM
Great post and a beautiful tatt. I hope you will post photos after each session, so we can all see it coming to life. That is quite a commitment. How many hours do you think will be in that one?

That is a beautiful drawing, and would make a great T-shirt design for those of us who are too chicken to get real ink.

pixiepurls
02-27-2014, 04:57 AM
thats a lovely tattoo!

billypete
02-27-2014, 05:57 AM
you are my hero.

fretie
02-27-2014, 06:16 AM
Nice image! This will be an awesome tattoo! Enjoy the experience of getting you first and be ready for more to follow....hehehe...

TG&Y
02-27-2014, 11:18 AM
DON'T DO IT!

(just a word from the loyal opposition)

river_driver
02-27-2014, 11:28 AM
DON'T DO IT!

GO FOR IT!!!

(just a word from the loyal opposition to the loyal opposition!);)

wickedwahine11
02-27-2014, 11:48 AM
Nice image! This will be an awesome tattoo! Enjoy the experience of getting you first and be ready for more to follow....hehehe...

It looks great. Wow what a big commitment for your first ink. I have two tattoos (one of which includes the Hawaiian island chain) and they are definitely addictive. I look forward to photos when it is done.

Penguinofsorts
02-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the support, guys!! Sooo... my tattoo artist woke up with food poisoning, and since both of this want this tattoo to be EPIC, we postponed until Saturday! I will post pics after each session!!! I'm so excited! I've been playing the heck out of the uke all day to dissipate the energy I had built up to go to my first session :-)

Uke-Conn
02-27-2014, 01:07 PM
I love it! The changing colors of the leaves and renewal theme sound lovely. I'm looking forward to pics as the project progresses.

mijiturka
02-28-2014, 12:53 AM
Beautiful art and idea! I'm feeling the awe in my fingers :D Time to grab a ukulele...

glass
02-28-2014, 01:25 AM
Where's it going? Your back? Chest? Arm?

Penguinofsorts
02-28-2014, 02:44 AM
Where's it going? Your back? Chest? Arm?

It'll be my entire back :-). You can see the neckline and butt on the drawing.... It's probably good that I am having to wait an extra 2 days! I had SO much built up energy about it and now I feel much more relaxed! Tattoo starts at 2pm Sat!!!

UkerDanno
02-28-2014, 03:19 AM
cool picture, although I wouldn't have it permanently etched into my skin, jus' sayin'! Have a talented artist make a painting and hang it on your wall instead, you'll be able to enjoy it more!

molokinirum
02-28-2014, 05:07 AM
DON'T DO IT!

I agree!!! :agree::agree::agree:

stevepetergal
02-28-2014, 05:32 AM
Uh... Dumb guy question: If the subject matter is so important and the design is so very nice, why on your back?

stevepetergal
02-28-2014, 05:37 AM
Interesting. It takes a real artist to see the instrument in the tree and bring it out, another artist altogether to put it back in.

Booli
02-28-2014, 08:11 AM
Great post and a beautiful tatt. I hope you will post photos after each session, so we can all see it coming to life. That is quite a commitment. How many hours do you think will be in that one?

That is a beautiful drawing, and would make a great T-shirt design for those of us who are too chicken to get real ink.

That picture is really awesome with the blend of the instrument and the 'Tree of Life' symbolism.

if that art was available from a site like Cafepress or Etsy for the front of a T-shirt I would definitely buy it! (hint hint!)

I'm not into tattoos for myself, but instead like to admire them on others :)

Penguinofsorts
02-28-2014, 09:50 AM
I'll let my artist know that the uke-thusiasts appreciate his art :-). I agree, it'd be a cool shirt design! I'll see if he wants to do something on cafe press!

As far as the 'don't get a tattoo!' debate goes , I understand it! I do, but I really do feel that this is something that I want to pursue :-). Less than 24 hours to go!!! Also, it's going on my back because
1. I'm a veterinarian in a rural area and many of my clients would not understand ANY visible tattoo, especially on a female...
2. It's huge and the only other place it would fit with the detail I want would be my belly/chest, which is more susceptible to skin stretching
3. Well... Because it is, that's why!

:-)

I appreciate all of the opinions!! Thanks for your input, all! I'll post pics tomorrow!

aman
02-28-2014, 09:55 AM
I like it and do not listen to the naysayers. As long as you have thought about it and you really want it then go for it. It is your body and your life and it will look great when it is done.

Looking forward to seeing the finished item

Enjoy the pain

paul

SeaArtNancy
02-28-2014, 10:02 AM
It's truly a beautiful job! Enjoy your tattoo and be sure to listen to your artist as to its proper care afterwards!!! You're tougher than I am- I'm inkless (except for my eyeliner!)
Please post some photos!!!

Hippie Dribble
02-28-2014, 10:15 AM
It is one of the most beautiful tattoo designs I've ever seen. Can't wait to see the finished product. :)

Lori
02-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Encourage your tattoo artist to open up a Cafe' Press store. I would be interested in a shirt (woman's fit T) with that tree uke image. I bet he could offer a lot of his tattoo designs, and there are a lot of us who don't want to ink, but would like to enjoy the art in a more flexible medium. I have sold calendars through Cafe' Press, and once it is set up, it becomes a nice way to bring in some money for work you have already done.

–Lori

mds725
02-28-2014, 10:29 AM
What Lori said.

itsme
02-28-2014, 10:33 AM
I could go for a t-shirt of that design, too. :)

Skinny Money McGee
02-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Allow me to introduce myself

[joking]!}

Concertina
02-28-2014, 01:04 PM
I was told by (almost) everyone I know how much I would hate my tattoos, that I would get tired of them, they were too big for a girl and that people would look at me differently. I wake up every day and love the beautiful art I have on me, and as far as what others think...it's not really my business so I don't let it bother me.

You are going to love it! It's an amazing piece of art.

Penguinofsorts
03-02-2014, 01:22 AM
Ok... 6.5 hours later and we got the outline done ! I absolutely love it! 64385
We will probably take 2 or. 3 more sessions to add color...

Hadsdad
03-02-2014, 01:33 AM
Looks great. Hope you are happy with it.

freewheeler
03-02-2014, 01:43 AM
I love it...but it would be no good for me. Between the ages of 10 yrs to 80 yrs I've changed my allegiance from Cornet, Drums, Clarinet, Trumpet, Clarinet again, Guitar, and finally the Uke. The only consistent thing is that there must be a musician (albeit, not very talented) inside me, struggling to get out. Perhaps a tree with clefs and notes hanging as fruit might be a more flexible design for me.

Concertina
03-02-2014, 04:43 AM
GORGEOUS! Man...6.5 hours. My uke tattoo took 5 hours start to finish...and by the end I was SO ANTSY!! Can't wait to see more pictures!

freewheeler
03-02-2014, 04:47 AM
Just for laughs, no serious comment intended...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1094791741919

eor
03-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Ok I absolutely love it! 64385

Hey

that's off the hook.

I have a tree of life on my forarm so am partial to your design ,that's real nice.. Congrats.

Eor

fretie
03-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Wow, that's amazing....looks really good! Well done to get all the outline finished in just over 6 hours! Stoked for you!

Uke-Conn
03-02-2014, 09:12 AM

Wow! Can't wait to see it as the color is added -

dirtiestkidever
03-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Wow. That came out really nice. Congrats.

Uke-Conn
03-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Just for laughs, no serious comment intended...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1094791741919

LOL! That's funny!! :rofl::rofl:

SailQwest
03-02-2014, 09:22 AM

That's gorgeous!!!

Penguinofsorts
03-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Thanks everybody :-) I can't wait until we add color!! I mean, I can...because ouch!! but I'm really pleased with it!

Teek
03-02-2014, 01:36 PM
That is just AWESOME! I hope you get a lot of really nice shading when the color goes in. Please post progress pics! And always a good idea to let the black heal up all the way.

AND I am wowed that you could last six hours! I was a weenie, I could only last 3 hours tops on my pieces each session. The endorphins wore off and. Arrgh.

My thigh piece was a collaboration between me and Pat Fish of Tattoo Santa Barbara. She has a huge CafePress store, so +1 on that.

Hippie Dribble
03-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Wow! Wow! And WOW!!!!! Most beautiful tattoo I've ever seen!!! :love:

Ukejenny
03-02-2014, 02:52 PM
That is incredible. Six hours is also incredible. Looking forward to seeing color added, but the outline is beautiful all by itself.

wolfchs
03-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Wow! I so want one but my pain tolerance is low... man it looks so cool! Keep us posted once you get it colored!

Edgeguy
03-02-2014, 07:25 PM
That is one big tattoo. I don't think I would ever get a tattoo but I love to look at them on other people. I love the way this tattoo looks, and the story behind it. Can't wait to see it with the color added. Good luck!

Pikagirl
03-03-2014, 03:40 AM
It is beautiful. Again, I would wear it on a t-shirt, but that's a big tattoo. I'm glad it has meaning and works for you.

Colonel Uke
03-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Very cool design. It looks a lot like the t-shirt design from Ukulele World Congress a couple of years ago.

str1pes
03-03-2014, 10:55 AM
holy hell that's a big tattoo!

OldePhart
03-03-2014, 11:11 AM

That does look nice. I think it's missing something, though...I know, a couple of hobbits sleeping under the tree... :)

John

coolkayaker1
03-03-2014, 02:15 PM
It's cool. It's big. It's bold.

But what if you take up the piccolo?

coolkayaker1
03-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Uh... Dumb guy question: If the subject matter is so important and the design is so very nice, why on your back?

Because EugeneUke and Ukulelezaza already did the finger thing, and Mike Tyson already did the face thing.

KnowsPickin
03-03-2014, 03:00 PM
It's cool. It's big. It's bold.

But what if you take up the piccolo?

IMHO, a piccolo would not be too hard to add to the picture.

Penguinofsorts
03-04-2014, 01:10 AM
I was thinking maybe a xylophone across my forehead ;-)

stevepetergal
03-04-2014, 01:38 AM
I was thinking maybe a xylophone across my forehead ;-)

Great Idea but, you'd have to travel around with mallets in your pocket.

RichM
03-04-2014, 02:27 AM
That does look nice. I think it's missing something, though...I know, a couple of hobbits sleeping under the tree... :)

John

Stop thinking about what's under that tree, you dirty old man.

OldePhart
03-04-2014, 03:02 AM
Stop thinking about what's under that tree, you dirty old man.

Errr, uh, I'm the dirty old man? I was thinking of Frodo and Sam leaning against the tree asleep...not quite sure what you're picturing... LOL

John

KnowsPickin
03-04-2014, 03:15 AM
I'm not a dirty old man. I'm a sexy senior citizen! :)

Penguinofsorts
03-04-2014, 04:03 AM
How quickly things go to pot on this forum.... Lol

coolkayaker1
03-04-2014, 05:13 AM
PofS, curious: the tree, up in the leaves, appears to have an open spot in the center (between your shoulder blades). What will you put there?

Penguinofsorts
03-04-2014, 05:42 AM
PofS, curious: the tree, up in the leaves, appears to have an open spot in the center (between your shoulder blades). What will you put there?

My artist left that space on purpose... I'm pretty sure whatever he does with the shading there will be awesome! Hopefully he refrains from including something phallic... My artist also happens to be my ex-boyfriend ;-). But he's a total professional and we 're good friends now, lol...

OldePhart
03-04-2014, 07:09 AM
How quickly things go to pot on this forum.... Lol

Yep! Half the fun, as they say. I'm quite proud of myself for not posting anything about the thought that came to mind for a large front tattoo of a double-puka ukulele...er, oops, I just did, didn't I... :)

John

coolkayaker1
03-05-2014, 02:16 PM
My artist left that space on purpose... I'm pretty sure whatever he does with the shading there will be awesome! Hopefully he refrains from including something phallic... My artist also happens to be my ex-boyfriend ;-). But he's a total professional and we 're good friends now, lol...

I see, I see. Nice! It's really lovely. Phallic--too funny!

(PS Pray that he's not going to put his own name in there, or some subliminal message in the leaves. Ex-boyfriends are known for that sort of grudge-ish behavior. lol)

Booli
03-05-2014, 02:48 PM
My artist also happens to be my ex-boyfriend

WOW, you have more trust than I would in an ex that using a powered needle to embed ink into my skin.

You must have lots of good karma due to you for that much trust to be within you, I'd be too afraid of 'oops, oh s*t, nah it aint THAT bad looking' happening to what is already there so far...it would be an easy way for the ex to inflict one last revenge.

Penguinofsorts...you are VERY brave -- very BRAVE indeed!

coolkayaker1
03-07-2014, 08:34 AM
I pray this thread remains viable--I truly want to see how this work of art turns out.

river_driver
03-08-2014, 11:34 AM
I love it...but it would be no good for me. Between the ages of 10 yrs to 80 yrs I've changed my allegiance from Cornet, Drums, Clarinet, Trumpet, Clarinet again, Guitar, and finally the Uke. The only consistent thing is that there must be a musician (albeit, not very talented) inside me, struggling to get out. Perhaps a tree with clefs and notes hanging as fruit might be a more flexible design for me.

The average adult person has about 22 square feet of skin...just sayin'...

Steveperrywriter
03-19-2014, 08:57 AM
How're the ink coming? The T-shirt on sale yet?

Penguinofsorts
03-19-2014, 11:58 AM
How're the ink coming? The T-shirt on sale yet?

I'm getting started on the shading tomorrow!! I'll post a pic Thursday night or Friday :-)

Penguinofsorts
03-28-2014, 03:21 AM
New photo from yesterday's 3 hour color session on page 1!! I have an 8 hour session planned for next Thursday. :-)

Hammond
03-28-2014, 03:32 AM
Wow, that looks really nice and special! Wild yet artistic!

pootsie
03-28-2014, 05:31 AM
As another person with a giant tree inked on me ...

http://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/970885_4593428925449_1308442579_n.jpg

... allow me to say that is awesome!!!!!!

And props to you for handling what is obviously a good bit of discomfort. That had to sting for a while :-)

Uke-Conn
03-28-2014, 07:02 AM
As another person with a giant tree inked on me ...

http://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/970885_4593428925449_1308442579_n.jpg

... allow me to say that is awesome!!!!!!

And props to you for handling what is obviously a good bit of discomfort. That had to sting for a while :-)

That had to hurt on the foot / ankle . . .

Glad to see the tree coming to life!

SailQwest
03-28-2014, 07:52 AM
Beautiful! I'm looking forward to your next update.

Penguinofsorts
03-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks guys :-). I'm totally loving it!! And, Pootsie, I like your tree!

Ukulele Eddie
03-28-2014, 11:14 AM
That had to hurt on the foot / ankle . . .

I know a guy who had his big toenails removed and a line tattoo'd in each nail bed and then the toenails put back. Absolutely true. Why? Because he decided to get a few tattoo's in the most painful places to help him deal with the loss of his father. I think the other locations were shin and ankle, but I was so traumatized by seeing his toe and hearing the story, the rest is a blur. I guess we all have our ways of dealing with things...

Booksniffer
03-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Oh wow, that is SUCH a gorgeous tattoo!!!

I love the way it looks now already - of course it will get even better but just like this it is already completey wonderful!

I have two (much smaller) tattoos myself; have had them for over 20 years now, and I'm a woman too, and have never regretted them.
I am considering having the second one, which is really small and modest, expanded; I already know what I want, but money is tight at the moment.

And lately I have been considering a uke/music tattoo, and I have always loved the tree of life motif, so it is thrilling to see yours!

Congratulations. It is SO beautiful, very happy-making!

Penguinofsorts
04-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Had a 7 hour session on Thursday, and I'm still sore, lol! Next time we'll finish the branches and start on the colorful foliage!

Thanks for all of your support :-) I'm loving the progress! BTW, the truck is actually a lot darker than it looks in this picture. We were debating on the color of the uke, and I really like the color he used. He will add wood grain type details to the uke in the future.

QUESTION: I'm considering NOT putting strings on the uke. Thoughts?? I don't want them to become the main focus of the tattoo...

Osprey
04-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Looking great. I really look forward to these updates from you. It's your back but I don't think strings would detract from the overall look
Cliff

Booksniffer
04-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Still more beautiful!

Yes, I can see it without strings; that way, it feels a bit more organic, like it's still part of the tree, still growing.
Visible strings would make the uke more seperate, more defined.

Plus, maybe it has clear strings? ;)

dkcrown
04-06-2014, 11:14 AM
I would vote for the strings. But it's not my back. :)

coolkayaker1
04-06-2014, 12:54 PM
that's pretty cool, must hurt, lots of blood on left. ouch.

no strings. unless super thin like thread width, would distract. plus, can always add in a year or two if people say, hey, where's your strings

Dan Uke
04-06-2014, 01:01 PM
I say no strings as well.

OldePhart
04-06-2014, 01:07 PM
That's looking great! I'm in the no strings camp. Strings are not going to look right unless they are dead-straight...and I think the neck of the uke has been more freehand/organically shaped. If you put in freehand strings then everybody (well, players, anyway) are subconsciously going to be thinking "why are the strings slack". If you put them in ruler-straight as strings under tension are then it is going to emphasize the free-form of the tree and neck and be, I think, distracting.''

In short, the entire tattoo is very flowing and organic...anything severely straight is going to pop out and grab all the attention. Sometimes less is more...

John

kvehe
04-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Yep, I vote for no strings.

Camsuke
04-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Maybe colored strings?

Lori
04-06-2014, 07:08 PM
You don't need the strings. If you add strings, it will just make the neck and headstock look more complicated, and right now you have a nice contrast between uke and tree. If you want to be able to see the uke, then keep that simple vs. complicated and light vs dark contrast.

–Lori

RAB11
04-06-2014, 09:53 PM
I know a guy who had his big toenails removed and a line tattoo'd in each nail bed and then the toenails put back. Absolutely true. Why? Because he decided to get a few tattoo's in the most painful places to help him deal with the loss of his father. I think the other locations were shin and ankle, but I was so traumatized by seeing his toe and hearing the story, the rest is a blur. I guess we all have our ways of dealing with things...

Oooh got a funny feeling on my big toe reading that!

That looks incredible! I'm also in the no strings camp.

fynger
04-06-2014, 10:09 PM
I'm a Tattooist....ide say do the strings in 'white'...they wont show up as solid lines but will show up as a light shine.....

Penguinofsorts
04-25-2014, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the string ideas!! We did another session yesterday... 6 or so hours :-). He'll be doing more layering of the green summer part next week and working on the fall colors! 6617166172. I love how it's coming along :-)

pootsie
04-25-2014, 01:26 AM
Looking gorgeous!!!!
You sure are committed ;)

Osprey
04-25-2014, 03:32 AM
This is going to be stunning tattoo. A real statement!!
Cliff

Penguinofsorts
04-25-2014, 10:56 AM
Thanks, guys! I'm really excited.... It's tons of fun!! Hopefully we'll be done after. 2 more sessions!

Osprey
04-25-2014, 10:59 AM
You have lots of moxie to do this and share with us. I am excited for you
Cliff

OldePhart
04-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Oh..I get it now, the tree is going to be spring,summer,fall,winter - very, very cool.

It's looking great.

John

steel rider
04-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Very impressive. Yes I'd rock a t-shirt with that on the back. It'd be my ode to you and I'd explain your story to everyone who asked about what the ukulele means to this beautiful stranger somewhere in the midwest. Very cool.

Penguinofsorts
04-26-2014, 12:42 PM
My artist is super busy right now, but he said he'd be willing to draw up the design for a t-shirt ( would have to be less detailed). So that's cool :-). He probably wouldn't be upset if someone else used his design (loosely) to do the same, though :-)

Penguinofsorts
05-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Updated pic! 1 or 2 sessions left!! It's really coming together! 66665

SailQwest
05-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Gorgeous!!!

Osprey
05-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Really looking great
Cliff

coolkayaker1
05-09-2014, 11:21 AM
oh my Lord! thx 4 the pics, m. keep em coming

fynger
05-10-2014, 12:50 AM

Did you see this one ??

Penguinofsorts
05-10-2014, 02:24 AM
Gotta love ukulele tattoos :-)

coolkayaker1
05-10-2014, 06:04 AM

Did you see this one ??

Did u steal PoS's tat design!?

Penguinofsorts
05-10-2014, 06:56 AM
-I- for one, did a lot of tattoo research when trying to decide what to get... I knew that I wanted a uke and a tree incorporated... There are a lot of interesting guitar/tree tattoos, but most of them focus too much (IMO) on the instrument... But, to each, his own! I didn't see a ton of uke tattoos, but the trend seems to be growing!

Icelander53
05-10-2014, 07:39 AM
That's pretty intense tat action there. I have many on the arms but my back wouldn't hold all that. :D

fynger
05-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Did u steal PoS's tat design!?

It,s not mine....its a pic that just came up on facebook

Penguinofsorts
05-24-2014, 04:06 AM

It's basically finished now, we have another session planned to brighten up the yellows, touch up and also add a bit of blue sky :-)

fretie
05-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Awesomeness!!!

looks great!

OldePhart
05-24-2014, 01:36 PM
I'm not even into ink but that is absolutely fantastic. Great theme/idea and very well executed. Your tattooist is going to be dragging you around to whatever conventions they have to show that, for sure! :)

John

Osprey
05-25-2014, 01:58 AM
That looks fantastic!

Penguinofsorts
05-25-2014, 02:17 AM
Thanks, guys :-). I think so too :-)

Jacman Rasta Bicycle
05-25-2014, 05:20 AM
WOW! Beautiful tattoo.

iamesperambient
05-27-2014, 09:47 PM
EDIT - session 1 pic on page 4!!

Hey guys! So I'm taking the plunge and after a few years of loosely thinking about getting a ukulele tattoo and about a year of seriously thinking about getting a GOOD one, I'm getting my first tattoo today! I know the artist personally and he's amazing! This is the sketch that he's worked up from my idea (this was when it was not quite finished). And it's going to be LARGE...you can see the neckline and the lower back/butt markers on the drawing. Anyway. I'm pretty excited about it. This will probably take several sessions, and the leaves will go from green/spring on the left, to fall colors in the middle, to bare branches and then a few green leaves on the right to signify renewing of life/the cycle.

This tattoo will have so much meaning to me. The ukulele, even though I'm not the best player, is a huge part of my life. I find myself coming back to it over and over, especially in times of difficulty or joy...or anytime, really, and I'd like to always remember that...when times get hard, grab the ukulele! For me, learning to play the ukulele was kind of a turning point in my life... I kind of came into my own and became able to express myself, and just put myself out there...

Anyway, so the tree/indication of seasons renewing/ukulele kind of all ties in for me!!!

Here's the pic!

SEE PAGE 11 for most recent pics!!! Only allowed 5 per post.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ink_prod/photos/0129/7253/tat_large.jpg

my ukulele related tattoo is a stick figure my brother drew of me when he was a little kid (well he still is we are 20 year's apart) i think he about 6 when he did this maybe younger.
Anyway he drew a picture of me playing a uke, a lot of people either thing it's funny or cute. I don't care it reminds me of my family since i don't see them often.

Nice tattoo btw.

Penguinofsorts
08-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Here it is finished and healed and all that jazz :-). I love it!! 69854. It took something like 38 hours total...

fynger
08-11-2014, 12:26 AM
you could get pierced with the strings....lol.....nice Tattoo tho

Osprey
08-11-2014, 12:59 AM
Excellent tatoo. Nice vibrant color. You should be pleased
Cliff

Booli
08-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Here it is finished and healed and all that jazz :-). I love it!! 69854. It took something like 38 hours total...

WOW! That is really, absolutely, and completely AWESOME.

It looks so ORGANIC, as if it is actually ALIVE.

I am very happy for you, it looks great!

:)

KnowsPickin
08-11-2014, 02:25 AM
Beware of Murphy's Law. Now that you've spent all that time, money and pain on such a beautiful tattoo, you will suddenly get this tremendous urge to give up the uke and take up banjo. :rolleyes:

I hope Murphy was wrong. It is a nice tat.

Penguinofsorts
08-11-2014, 02:39 AM
Thanks everyone!! I really do love it. It's more than I could have imagined that it would be!! And as far as possibly not playing uke in the future, that's possible, I suppose, but i still will HAVE played the uke for at least 5 years, and it still WILL have impacted my life in the way that I tried to portray in the tattoo... So it really wouldn't matter :-). No need to make the uke into a banjo or a baby foot print... Lol