getting this ukulele tattoo today!!

Penguinofsorts

Reaction score
EDIT - session 1 pic on page 4!!

FINAL PIC - DONE!!! On page 12 :)

Hey guys! So I'm taking the plunge and after a few years of loosely thinking about getting a ukulele tattoo and about a year of seriously thinking about getting a GOOD one, I'm getting my first tattoo today! I know the artist personally and he's amazing! This is the sketch that he's worked up from my idea (this was when it was not quite finished). And it's going to be LARGE...you can see the neckline and the lower back/butt markers on the drawing. Anyway. I'm pretty excited about it. This will probably take several sessions, and the leaves will go from green/spring on the left, to fall colors in the middle, to bare branches and then a few green leaves on the right to signify renewing of life/the cycle.

This tattoo will have so much meaning to me. The ukulele, even though I'm not the best player, is a huge part of my life. I find myself coming back to it over and over, especially in times of difficulty or joy...or anytime, really, and I'd like to always remember that...when times get hard, grab the ukulele! For me, learning to play the ukulele was kind of a turning point in my life... I kind of came into my own and became able to express myself, and just put myself out there...

Anyway, so the tree/indication of seasons renewing/ukulele kind of all ties in for me!!!

Here's the pic!
Ukulele tree tattoo drawing.jpg

image.jpg

ukulele tattoo 3.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

SEE PAGE 11 for most recent pics!!! Only allowed 5 per post.

Last edited:
I can see the pic, and I like it. Your description of what the ukulele has meant to you is wonderful.

It's gorgeous!! I got my (also giant) ukulele tattoo over the summer. Right after it healed, it started getting cold so I've had it covered up all winter...But I can't wait to finally be able to show it off!

You will love it!!

Great post and a beautiful tatt. I hope you will post photos after each session, so we can all see it coming to life. That is quite a commitment. How many hours do you think will be in that one?

That is a beautiful drawing, and would make a great T-shirt design for those of us who are too chicken to get real ink.

thats a lovely tattoo!

Nice image! This will be an awesome tattoo! Enjoy the experience of getting you first and be ready for more to follow....hehehe...

Nice image! This will be an awesome tattoo! Enjoy the experience of getting you first and be ready for more to follow....hehehe...

It looks great. Wow what a big commitment for your first ink. I have two tattoos (one of which includes the Hawaiian island chain) and they are definitely addictive. I look forward to photos when it is done.

Thanks for the support, guys!! Sooo... my tattoo artist woke up with food poisoning, and since both of this want this tattoo to be EPIC, we postponed until Saturday! I will post pics after each session!!! I'm so excited! I've been playing the heck out of the uke all day to dissipate the energy I had built up to go to my first session :)

Beautiful art and idea! I'm feeling the awe in my fingers :D Time to grab a ukulele...

Where's it going? Your back? Chest? Arm?

It'll be my entire back :). You can see the neckline and butt on the drawing.... It's probably good that I am having to wait an extra 2 days! I had SO much built up energy about it and now I feel much more relaxed! Tattoo starts at 2pm Sat!!!

cool picture, although I wouldn't have it permanently etched into my skin, jus' sayin'! Have a talented artist make a painting and hang it on your wall instead, you'll be able to enjoy it more!

Uh... Dumb guy question: If the subject matter is so important and the design is so very nice, why on your back?

Interesting. It takes a real artist to see the instrument in the tree and bring it out, another artist altogether to put it back in.

Ukulele tree tattoo drawing.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom