1931-32 National Style 2

That is beautiful! The floral design. It looks almost pristine.

I like the looks of the style 0 better, but I'd trade mine for that one if they'd take it. It's gorgeous! I think I may have to settle for saving the pics from ebay, the reso book only has one shot of it if I recall correctly.

Yup. I'm one of those forty-something watchers, not that it will make any difference.

Pretty sweet.

I'm a watcher, too. Sadly, that's a I ever will be.

They couldn't have made too many of those back in the 30's 40's especially during ww2 when there was metal shortages

They couldn't have made too many of those back in the 30's 40's especially during ww2 when there was metal shortages

If I remember correctly they made a bit more than 400 of each size, small and large bodies. I don't know how many they made in each style, but you're right...there aren't many out there.

I don't know if anyone saw it, but a month ago on eBay a Gibson tenor Style 3 sold for $1100 (I know, I was bidding on it and got sniped with two seconds). They made 209 of those, that's it! It was in very good condition, too. I was sick that I lost out on it. Same one as seen in this cool Uncle Rufus video at 3:08 minutes. I hope someone on UU got it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQRz4M0E-gY

Thanks, John. $13k...nope. lol

If I remember correctly they made a bit more than 400 of each size, small and large bodies. I don't know how many they made in each style, but you're right...there aren't many out there.

According to the Brozman book, serial numbers 100-300 were large body which they stopped making in 1931. 300 and up were small body with the highest known serial number at book print time being 405. The book guesses that maybe 500 total silver national ukes were made.
After 1935 all national instruments used the same letter prefixes for serial numbers so there's no good way to know how many were silver ukes, but the book assumes not many after that point. No more instruments were made after 1941 when the war started.

It looks like these went for $70 when new, case was extra.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone saw it, but a month ago on eBay a Gibson tenor Style 3 sold for $1100 (I know, I was bidding on it and got sniped with two seconds). They made 209 of those, that's it! It was in very good condition, too. I was sick that I lost out on it. Same one as seen in this cool Uncle Rufus video at 3:08 minutes. I hope someone on UU got it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQRz4M0E-gY

Thanks, John. $13k...nope. lol

I like the Monkey Ward Reso he shows later in the video

Top Bottom