PDA

View Full Version : End Of Year Extravaganza II - Nominations So Far :deadhorse:

redpaul1
02-27-2014, 08:23 AM
Hello everyone,

Voting is supposed to start in Season 107 and run to the end of Season 109

However, you can see below the state of nominations so far - which is dismal.

So far only two people have put forward any nominations for Seasonista Of The Year, and one person has seconded any of these nominations:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7409/12819935394_5db75a1d23_o.png

Seasonista Of The Year Nominations (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dv7fnqbetxlveg/Seasonista%20Nominees.csv.doc).

So far only 8 people have put forward nominations for Video Of The Year, and only about 3 or 4 nominations have been seconded. There have been no nominations from the last 7 Seasons of Year II:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2860/12819599253_24b8e98a49_o.png
Video Of The Year Nominations (https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd1g0y5g5oeud1d/Video%20Nominations.csv.doc).

It appears evident also from the number of 'views' the 'Extravaganza' pages have received, (200 for the sticky at the top of this forum as compared to 7,500 for the Season just gone), that no-one in fact appears particularly interested in continuing with this award ceremony.

Last November, when (austin1) first posted that she would be unable to continue with the end of year Season's award ceremony, a great many people expressed their desire that this tradition continue, as I result of which I offered to take on the task, in order to give back something to the Seasonista community, from which I've taken so much inspiration.

I then spent around two weeks soliciting opinions on the best way to carry this event forward. I settled on a process that I hoped would give every Season and every contributor to every Season, a fair crack of the whip at getting nominated; a process also that addressed everyone's concerns (which were both loud and varied, and which further indicated interest), about being able to nominate and vote for an award.

I am very grateful to bonesigh, electrauke, eugene ukulele, frisbee fred, librainian, mattydee, ukecan1, ukuloonie and we tigers for their support in taking the time to make and second nominations.

I do not however propose to continue in the face of apparent overwhelming indifference amongst the vast majority of the Seasonista community toward this event.

So this is one final appeal for nominations, in particular for the Seasonista of the Year awards. Otherwise, I'm just going to have to walk away from this. I can't see any point in flogging a dead horse.

mattydee
02-27-2014, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure how much participation there was in all of this last year -- you'd have to talk to Tina (Austin1) for that. But I suspect it was probably similar. My recollection, though, was that it was all done by PM. I wonder if the public nature of the nominations is putting some people off, so as not to seem to un-aloha in singling out some performances over others. I also wonder if the sheer breadth of the seasons this year hasn't overwhelmed a few of us as well. In that first year, there were so many fewer entries per season that it was easier to coalesce around certain performances.

Whatever you decide, thanks for all the work you've put in thus far.

UkeyDave
02-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Well done on all your hard work Paul.
I know from a personal perspective I just found it too overwhelming to go through each season to pick out nominations.
My preference would have been just to send you my votes for each category without having to watch tons of videos first.
It certainly wasn't indifference that stopped me contributing to the voting. It was just that it all seemed a bit too complex for my liking.
Regards
Dave.

bonesigh
02-27-2014, 01:22 PM
I'd also like to give a shout out to Paul for setting this all up. Plus, thank you to, electrauke, eugene ukulele, frisbee fred, librainian, mattydee, ukecan1, ukuloonie and we tigers for taking the time to nominate for I know it was very time consuming. I would have done more but the amount of videos this past year is overwhelming! I hope it works out in the end (:

librainian
02-27-2014, 02:01 PM
I was only able to work through a couple of the cycles. I would hate to see it die on the vine and am willing to devote some more time to the other threads if anyone else is game but there does need to be wider participation for it to be meaningful. Paul, perhaps it's tilting at windmills at this point but I would like to hear if anyone else is willing to give it a go.

bird's eye view of my ukelele
02-27-2014, 03:34 PM
i'm really sorry i didn't chip in, but i found the nominating and seconding process all a bit complex - i'm probably just a bit thick, i'm sorry.

for what it's worth, i personally wonder if it might work easier for everyone - host of this process included? - if we just had the list of categories, and could just PM the host with our choice for each one we felt qualified to vote on - as a relative newbie i don't know the seasons before i got here well enough to really vote on them

then the host just has to count up the votes, rather than manage a nominations and seconding procedure.

just a thought

max2173
02-28-2014, 02:07 AM
I would definitely find it easier if I could sit down in one go and get all my voting done. Perhaps that's a way to go? Big shout out for all the time and effort being put in here though, I can really understand how frustrating it must be for you.

mythinformed
02-28-2014, 02:28 AM
I haven't participated because its way too time consuming sifting through these entries.
I appreciate your sentiment and time in carrying on the baton with this Paul but the whole thing seems a mammoth task for yourself and Seasonistas with not enough time on their hands.

Maybe the way forward in the future is to nominate on a monthly basis and collate that information at the end of year for final and overall nominations .........a kinda 'nominate as we go' rather than in bulk which is obviously a daunting task all round it appears?

austin1
02-28-2014, 12:34 PM
First off, apologies I haven't been around to be supportive/nominate people. I have less than three weeks to finish my thesis and "freaking out" is a bit of an understatement.

Second, Paul, I am fiendishly jealous of your organizational skills. Holy spreadsheets Batman, you are awesome.

Third, for comparative purposes: last year, participation was actually quite high. I'm going to attribute this to a two main things: 1) EOY Extravaganza was new and shiny; 2) The voting system (might--but only might) have been slightly easier on participants. Instead of the nominating and seconding that has to be repeated within a given time frame, I just said "send me all your favorite videos in all the categories." Some people sent 1 video per category. Some sent 10 per category. Some sent videos for some categories and not others. Everyone had their favorites that stuck out in their mind, but virtually no one knew what seasons their favorites had taken place in, so I got a lot of "This person, this song! This theme? Maybe? No idea what number," and I had to go trolling youtube accounts to find them. Ultimately, it was far more chaotic than your method and I had to do a lot more scratch-pad tallying, but perhaps (since we're at a relatively late stage in the game) it might not be a bad idea to revert to that. Maybe you can open up the floor to free-for-all voting by PM, all favorites, all categories? Ultimately, there's no "perfect" method so you just have to go with what makes the most sense to you--it's 100% your decision and I know no matter what, it's going to be amazing.

Whatever you decide to do, I for one am hugely glad to see the EOY Extravaganza continuing on. Not just because I invented it, but just because it's really fun looking over all the awesomeness of the last year. Thank you for all the work you've put in, you're amazing. As is your spread-sheeting ability. Seriously, teach me your ways.

ukuLily Mars
03-01-2014, 06:00 AM
As many of you have probably noticed I have not been around much the past few months. It’s been a rather difficult time for me, for a variety of reasons, and I’ve been glad to keep in touch a bit on Facebook (and honestly, I don’t like Facebook, so I’ve obviously been desperate ;)). I, too, found the nominating process confusing, but that is due only to my current state of overwhelmed-ness. I did not take the time to break it down, nor to write to Paul for clarification. I think where I got confused was when to nominate what (certain Seasons in certain weeks). I think this was brilliant in that it meant the beginning of the year got as much recognition as the end, which often doesn’t happen, but when I missed the first week I just got lost and gave up. I really feel terrible about this.

I certainly apologize for my lack of participation, but… I’m afraid I still don’t understand how to participate going forward, or even if this still an option. Has the boat sailed? If I can still climb on board, how might I do that?

Barbablanca
03-01-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm in the "too daunting a task" category too. And I also think a running "best of / most original / best self-penned / most fun..... this season for me was..." structure would make this task easier. It's so much less hassle to comment when its all fresh in the mind, rather than having to listen to a whole series of seasons again to remember which songs blew you out of the water. Plus, let's be honest, with the success of the seasons it is now becoming a major task just to keep up with each season and when you have a busy week (like I have just had) it is almost impossible to catch every single entry... or even a few entries by people who you look forward to hearing every week!!!

ukuloonie
03-01-2014, 09:04 AM
So we need something that is a lot more simple.
That doesn't take too much time to go through all the entries of an entire year
and has a short turnaround.

wee_ginga_yin
03-01-2014, 09:07 AM
FIVE POINT PLAN
1) SIMPLIFY.
2) Make it quick.
3) Vote by PM on all the categories at once.
4) Post results as soon as possible.
5) BASK in the glory of the UNDIES

ukuloonie
03-01-2014, 09:14 AM
instead of all of us going through the year.
Why don't each of us Submitt a video that we like of our own to the list.
According to Fun/Best/New person of year. most memorable.
Each Seasonista chooses there own vid to submit and
we take a vote on it via the p.m. to an individual
each seasonista has one vote per category ?

Barbablanca
03-01-2014, 09:16 AM
That is not such a loony idea! ;)

austin1
03-01-2014, 12:16 PM

...y u so smart?

ukuLily Mars
03-01-2014, 12:53 PM

I'm obviously the only one, but I'm not getting this, either. Do you mean we submit one of our own videos, or we submit one we like by someone else, or... see, it's me being stupid, yet again. I think I should probably sit this out. In my defense, though, I do understand the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences voting rules, and the Electoral College. Okay, not the Electoral College.

I want to commend Paul, though, for having a great vision for the nominations. As I said before, it so often happens that the good stuff from early in the year gets overlooked, and this was a very good solution. I think it just got to be daunting when we starting having over 100 videos a lot of weeks. (I remember hosting the first season that hit 100 entries, and after that it happened fairly regularly -- and that was starting in July.)

I hope this hasn't been too frustrating for you, Paul. We all really appreciate all the work you've put into it.

ukuloonie
03-01-2014, 01:34 PM
We submit our own Video for a Category, the best one that we personally like.

only one video for a Category.

The Seasonistas then vote on the video via poll or P.m to somebody.
It cuts out all the searching for everybody to look through a years worth of videos

The onus is on the individual to enter the video for the Year end extravaganza

We give it a two week deadline for the individuals to submit videos to the thread.
Then create another thread for polling of the themes. which lasts only one week.
Then at the end we have our results.

Just an idea.

03-01-2014, 02:12 PM
I hope this hasn't been too frustrating for you, Paul. We all really appreciate all the work you've put into it.
amen to that

ukuloonie
03-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Yup it has been hard work for Paul and we all appreciate what you have done .

we tigers
03-01-2014, 07:44 PM
I just did this in the other extravaganza thread (top sticky on the seasons board). Simple enough right?

Let's try and get a list done:

Aloha Winner of the Year
There can be only one... Definitely Alan/Decaturcomp!

Most Improved Player
my vote goes to Xommen. Not just improvement in playing, but in singing as well.

Most Excellent Host
Who other than GinnyT11?

Seasonista With Whom You'd Most Like To Enter The Seasons
Can I make a list?... I'll narrow it down to two then. Erivel and 23Skidooooo.

Style Award/Player of the Year
If you've got ukulele tattooed on your knuckles you've got heaps of style... so it's Eugene.
But Jon needs to share the spotlight with Ralf/theonlyukethatmatters! He has done a bunch of fantastic videos this year! Check out his entry for our literature season (80) Black Blade for instance!

Best Newcomer to the Seasons, and
Rookie of the Year.
I'm going to go for BirdsEyeViewOfMyUke. Will we ever find out what she looks like?

Best Overall Performance
Tough choice. I tend to watch entries early in the morning on my iphone while I'm making cappuccino's. One the faces that pops up almost every morning is Dave's. I always enjoy his videos and his introductionary stories. So I'll choose TCK.

Best Duet/Group
Ombracorte for his version of Nick Cave's Red Right Hand

Best Original Song
Uke4ia with his song No One Cool Ever Came From Hufflepuff

Funniest Video
Peewee did a bunch of videos that were hilarious or at the least very funny. He did a great Talking Heads song in which in he pretty much lost it. The videos with his daughter were all great and his Remember from season 79 was fantastic.

People's Choice Video of the Year
The Ukelites with their version of Heatwave. Brilliant!

redpaul1
03-02-2014, 03:19 AM
Thank all for your responses, to which I have tried to respond in the following two replies.

I've had to split my responses into two replies because the BB software used by UU limits you to posts of 10,000 characters, including spaces, and there's too much to get through in one post.

With that size limit in mind and so many responses to go through, if I've 'snipped' your OP, any snipping was done after I composed my response (originally in Word & then copied and pasted over).

Sometimes, where you have made similar points, I have snipped your OPs in order to collect them together. But in any case, any snipping carried out is not to try to alter the meaning of what you said: my responses are to the entirety of your OPs, not just the bits I've cited below.

I wonder if the public nature of the nominations is putting some people off, so as not to seem to un-aloha in singling out some performances over others. I also wonder if the sheer breadth of the seasons this year hasn't overwhelmed a few of us as well. In that first year, there were so many fewer entries per season that it was easier to coalesce around certain performances.

First off, apologies to mattydee (a double Season host), and to Ginny (a triple Season host), for miscounting the number of Seasons you hosted. I've gone back and amended the counts and restored your Season 60 to the list of Seasons contained in the sticky (your Season 60 got lost in another cut'n'paste job where I'd hit the character limit). I think Tina has responded to your query about people being overwhelmed about so much going on.

Third, for comparative purposes: last year, participation was actually quite high.

I'll come back to why nominations needed to be public in part two of this reply.

Secondly, while I thank you all for your comments and compliments, I haven't been able to escape a certain degree of frustration, that six weeks into the process only now are people telling me they're finding it too complicated. I appreciate Lily saying she wished she had asked for clarification earlier.

I did not take the time to break it down, nor to write to Paul for clarification. I think where I got confused was when to nominate what (certain Seasons in certain weeks).

I only had about 3 requests for clarification in all.

UkeyDave, my friend, I love you to bits, but I did find your comment particularly frustrating.

It certainly wasn't indifference that stopped me contributing to the voting. It was just that it all seemed a bit too complex for my liking.
Regards
Dave.

Why did I find this so frustrating, Dave my friend? Because the nominating process I set up was as a direct result of your original suggestion. Remember this?

What about this thought.
EVERYONE nominates within a set time window.
Then EVERYONE votes within a set time window.
Just a thought to chew over. I'm happy for you to decide after hearing all the arguments.

"What a good thought" I thought. So I went ahead and set a set of time windows (pl), just as you suggested!! You, my friend, are responsible!!! Edit: No of course you're not. I made a decision as to how to proceed and I'm (solely) responsible for the consequences.

"Windows (pl)", as I explained at the outset (in my post (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?91635-End-Of-Year-Extravaganza-II-Let-the-fireworks-begin!) of December 31st), rather than window (s.), in order to give entrants in the earlier Seasons a fair crack of the whip.

We're all familiar with listicles online and in the papers on 'the 100 greatest pop songs of all time' - 75% of which will always come from the last 10 years, because 75% of the votes in these listicle come from people who have only been listening to music for the last 10 years - or even worse, '100 best goals/TDs of all time' - meaning "the 100 best goals/TD's we have the broadcast rights to screen". That was the problem the "windows" approach - rolling nominations - was trying to avoid. I appreciate Lily's endorsement here:

I think this was brilliant in that it meant the beginning of the year got as much recognition as the end, which often doesn’t happen

Strangely, no-one ever submitted one single nomination from the last 10 Seasons, from which I expected to have the highest response rate, simply because those Seasons would have been freshest in everyone's memory.

First off, apologies I haven't been around to be supportive/nominate people. I have less than three weeks to finish my thesis and "freaking out" is a bit of an understatement.

Not at all. What you said to me in your PM of December 5 or 6 on another matter - backatcha.

Third, for comparative purposes: last year, participation was actually quite high. I'm going to attribute this to a two main things: 1) EOY Extravaganza was new and shiny; 2) The voting system (might--but only might) have been slightly easier on participants. Instead of the nominating and seconding that has to be repeated within a given time frame, I just said "send me all your favorite videos in all the categories."

I hope that by the end of these two posts people will understand why I went for the 'time-frame' approach. If not please, please, say so.

Some people sent 1 video per category. Some sent 10 per category. Some sent videos for some categories and not others. Everyone had their favorites that stuck out in their mind, but virtually no one knew what seasons their favorites had taken place in, so I got a lot of "This person, this song! This theme? Maybe? No idea what number," and I had to go trolling youtube accounts to find them. Ultimately, it was far more chaotic than your method and I had to do a lot more scratch-pad tallying,

This is why I would post every week a set of 'refreshers' so that people could go 'Yes! I remember that Seasons - x was brilliant!' and be able to go find the video.

perhaps (since we're at a relatively late stage in the game) it might not be a bad idea to revert to that. Maybe you can open up the floor to free-for-all voting by PM, all favorites, all categories?

In the sticky at the top of this thread, I actually opened up the floor to nominations in all categories across all Seasons. No-one has come back and nominated any new candidates for Video of the Year.

I haven't participated because its way too time consuming sifting through these entries.
I appreciate your sentiment and time in carrying on the baton with this Paul but the whole thing seems a mammoth task for yourself and Seasonistas with not enough time on their hands.

Appreciate the honesty Mark. I acknowledge that's a problem, and one I recognised from the outset. I'll come back to this in part two of this reply, but in the meantime, I'll take your other point with Berni's similar suggestion.

Maybe the way forward in the future is to nominate on a monthly basis and collate that information at the end of year for final and overall nominations .........a kinda 'nominate as we go' rather than in bulk which is obviously a daunting task all round it appears?

I'm in the "too daunting a task" category too. And I also think a running "best of / most original / best self-penned / most fun..... this season for me was..." structure would make this task easier. It's so much less hassle to comment when its all fresh in the mind, rather than having to listen to a whole series of seasons again to remember which songs blew you out of the water. Plus, let's be honest, with the success of the seasons it is now becoming a major task just to keep up with each season and when you have a busy week (like I have just had) it is almost impossible to catch every single entry... or even a few entries by people who you look forward to hearing every week!!!

I agree, Mark and Berni - what you're suggesting would be the way forward, a sort of parallel to Pabrizzer's "Your best of ... " series of threads, which would indeed make any future Extravaganza a lot easier to run.

However, 1) while not impossible in principle, it would have very carefully to be set up so as not to be second-guessing a Season's host (i.e., "I know host x chose Seasonista a, b & c, as her week's winners - but I'm going on record as saying entries d, e & f should have won"). But let's have that discussion once this process is out of the way.

And 2) unfortunately, we are where we are.

In part two, I'll address the problem of sifting through a year's worth of material and the suggestions made for moving the process on.

redpaul1
03-02-2014, 03:31 AM
Turning now to the suggestions you've made to improve the process.

Ultimately, there's no "perfect" method so you just have to go with what makes the most sense to you--it's 100% your decision and I know no matter what, it's going to be amazing.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Tina. You're quite right there is no "perfect" method, but in the remainder of the comments reviewed below, there has been a certain amount of wheel reinvention going on.

So we need something that is a lot more simple.
That doesn't take too much time to go through all the entries of an entire year and has a short turnaround.

Sorry Drew, I may be misinterpreting you here particularly in light of your follows-up, but I really don't see how you can have an end of year review that doesn't review the entire year.

Why don't each of us Submit a video that we like of our own to the list.
Each Seasonista chooses there own vid to submit and we take a vote on it via the p.m. to an individual

That is not such a loony idea! ;)

...y u so smart?

I'm obviously the only one, but I'm not getting this, either. Do you mean we submit one of our own videos, or we submit one we like by someone else, or... see, it's me being stupid, yet again. I think I should probably sit this out. In my defense, though, I do understand the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences voting rules, and the Electoral College. Okay, not the Electoral College.

I'm glad Lily mentioned the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, because what we've got here is exactly the same problem as has the Academy. Each year thousands of films get released, nearly all of whom have a leading man, leading lady, supporting actors and directors. Yet each year, only 5 get nominated in each category. And then the Academy's votes choose the best single film, actor, actress, director, etc from those 5 alone.

[And this process is not unique to the Academy. Every 4 years up to a dozen Democrats and Republicans throw their hats into the ring seeking the presidential nomination. 100 primaries later (2*50), just two candidates chosen by Republican only and Democratics only, duke it out for the actual Presidency - though once it comes to the actual Presidential election, everyone has the right to vote for either Democrat or Republican candidate.]

And so, let me recap: last year saw over 2,400 entries from over 130 participants. That's why things can't be nearly as simple as Drew imagines. The problem with Drew's (original) suggestion is that it's perfectly possible that every one of those 130 participants could perm a different 6 from 2,400 videos and and a different 6 from 130 participants. So it's not at all beyond the bounds of probability that you end up with a situation where the 'winner' of the Aloha award gets 2 votes, with 129 runners-up getting one vote each.

Equally, I appreciate everyone's general point that that's an awful lot of videos and participants to work through and people don't have the time spare to devote to it.

When I was casting around for suggestions on how to take the EOY forward, I didn't have the stats to hand that I do now, or I would have made a much stronger case for my original proposal, which was that only hosts would be able to nominate candidates to go forward to the final round of voting. The hosts for the first 10 seasons would have chosen candidates in each of the 6 video categories, those for the 2nd 10 seasons would choose the next tranche, until you had 5 candidates for best/funniest/etc video.

Those 5 nominees in each category would then have been put forward to the Seasonista 'Academy' (everyone else) for voting for the actual awards. This would then have solved Dave's problem and everyone else who's made the point that the relentless forward march of the Seasons offers no time for looking back.

My preference would have been just to send you my votes for each category without having to watch tons of videos first.
Regards
Dave.

Again, I fully understand the problem and appreciate the honesty. However I make again the point that it's kind of hard to have an end of year review and not review the entire year.

I was talked out of my original proposal - of having hosts draw up a shortlist - by people strongly arguing for a 'People's Choice" nomination process, i.e., allowing everyone to nominate, not just hosts. Combining that with UkeyDave's call for a limited time period in which to nominate (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?89610-2nd-Annual-End-of-the-Year-Extravaganza/page5&p=1438614#post1438614) was what the 'rolling nominations' were all about. I thought I would be keeping everybody happy!

As it turns out, we all know now that the so-called actual "People's Choice" is just phoney baloney - the 'people' don't choose at all - and I admit this approach has turned out to be a failure here too.

However, going back to matty's question at the top of part one of this reply, (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?93449-End-Of-Year-Extravaganza-II-Nominations-So-Far-deadhorse&p=1485932#post1485932) this is why I felt nominations needed to be public. If you didn't know who'd been nominated, you wouldn't know who needs to be seconded. As it turns out, I did get double nominations from time to time, and where I did, I treated them as seconds. So that part of the process could certainly be reviewed. But at the time, given the strength of interest being demonstrated in how this event should be run, I thought I would be having loads of nominations and seconds in each category, and the problem would be having to winnow out entries, not having to hunt round for them.

Two weeks ago, to try and boost responses, I opened up all the nominations for every category. I obtained not one further nomination for any Season's video, and until this weekend only one extra set of nominations for the Seasonista of the year awards.

And so finally, to Drew's second suggestion of what a simpler process would look like:

We submit our own Video for a Category, the best one that we personally like.

only one video for a Category.

The Seasonistas then vote on the video via poll or P.m to somebody.
It cuts out all the searching for everybody to look through a years worth of videos

The onus is on the individual to enter the video for the Year end extravaganza

We give it a two week deadline for the individuals to submit videos to the thread.
Then create another thread for polling of the themes. which lasts only one week.
Then at the end we have our results.

Just an idea.

amen to that

Yup it has been hard work for Paul and we all appreciate what you have done .

Thanks, Drew for the appreciation, and I'm glad you appreciate the problem too. What you're suggesting is what I've been trying to make happen for the past 2 months, although Ralf did make a very strong case against limiting people to nominating just one nomination per category per year (I compromised by allowing everyone one nomination per group of Seasons): a process, fair to all, whereby we draw up a short-list for voting on for the actual awards.

That's all I've been trying to do, folks in these last 6 weeks - get a short-list together so we can have a proper vote and a proper winnner. Please help me out here.

Thanks tigers for the list (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?93222-End-of-Year-Extravaganza-II-Nominations-for-Seasonista-of-the-Year-Now-Open/page2&p=1484837#post1484837) you've sent in and for the vote of confidence.

Thank you once again all who have bothered to respond to this. If I haven't always agreed, I've always listened and tried if I can to accommodate your point of view.

I certainly apologize for my lack of participation, but… I’m afraid I still don’t understand how to participate going forward, or even if this still an option. Has the boat sailed? If I can still climb on board, how might I do that?

Lily, not to worry, and hope you have a better idea now. But at this point, it's not a question of the boat sailing, but of the boat sinking. If we get in a few more nominations, including yours, just for Seasonista of the Year, we might be able to keep it afloat for the next 10 days.

Enjoy the Oscars everyone. They were and remain our original inspiration.

austin1
03-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Thanks Paul for taking the time out to put together those replies! But I'm a bit confused, maybe you said it and I missed it, but: what's the plan for going forward?

redpaul1
03-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Hi Tina, thanks for dropping by and no, I didn't say it. I made one last appeal for more nominations (for Seasonista of the Year) so I could go forward. So far I've had none. And yours is the only reply I've received. Unless I get some soon, I'm pulling the plug.

03-03-2014, 02:41 PM
dear paul your inbox is full :(

austin1
03-04-2014, 07:59 AM
PM sent !