NUD - Risa Uke Ellie

Tootler

Reaction score
Just got one of these today.

First impressions it's a lovely instrument. Quirky but with a conventional headstock unlike the Risa stick ukes. Looks really good.

It's nicely balanced and has good action and set up. The sound, of course, depends on what you play it through.

Here is a you tube clip of me playing it. I recorded it with my Boss Multi Track Recorder using the built in effects to get an overdrive sound.

When I've had a bit more time with it I'll write a proper review.

hey, looks like great fun. have to wonder what it would sound like plugged into a tube amp

Great sounding uke/amp setup. It looks nice. Great song!

hey, looks like great fun. have to wonder what it would sound like plugged into a tube amp

Interesting thought. The polymer strings/piezo pickup would mean a different sound from the steel strings/magnetic pickup of an electric guitar. You should still be able to get some great overdrive sounds, though.

I've had it through my Vox Mini5 using the AC30 sim and it sounded pretty good.

Last edited:
Risa make great electrics. They are the original high quality solid body electric; way before these new fancy ones from Pono/koolau/godin came out.

I have a Tenor Risa stick and it sounds awesome in any kind of amp.

I have a Vox AC4TV all tube amp. The Risa sounds very smooth and pleasant through it. Very jazzy/bluesy tone.

Although it is piezo, i think Risa worked on their model extensively to make it sound balanced and warm.

Sounds interesting. Can you play any skiffle tunes on it?

Petey

Top Bottom