*** Larrivee Koa Ukulele with gig bag - virtually unplayed ***

glassact

Reaction score
Hello -
I have a Larrivee ukulele I need to part with to help pay for a new home. it is in absolutely pristine condition, and comes with its gig bag. These ukes are really fantastic - they have a very clean, open sound, and are easy to play on the upper frets. they are also hard to come by. I would like $1000 for this one, but am open to reasonable offers. Let me know!
Best of all to all - Ed

Attachments

• larrivee1.jpg
    larrivee1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 495
  • larrivee2.jpg
    larrivee2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 284
  • larrivee3.jpg
    larrivee3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 246
  • larrivee4.jpg
    larrivee4.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 199
  • larrivee5.jpg
    larrivee5.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 188
It looks very nice. What size is it? Any history, like how old it is would probably help sell it. Specifications would be helpful too.
BTW: You might want to look at the sticky in this category about a photo with the current date etc.

I think Jean Larrivee only made soprano sized ukes. Boy if it were a tenor I'd buy it now. I've known Jean since 1979; he and Wendy,his wife, are great people.

I think Jean Larrivee only made soprano sized ukes. Boy if it were a tenor I'd buy it now. I've known Jean since 1979; he and Wendy,his wife, are great people.

I'm pretty sure that is, indeed, a soprano - just guestimating by the size of the tuner knobs vs. length of the neck. Sure is a pretty little thing, though.

John

Sorry - Yes, it is a soprano, and I also believe that Jean only build soprano instruments. Scale length is 14 1/8 inches. it is approx. 5 years old.
Best - Ed

I have a Larrivee guitar and love it. I am sure this is an awesome uke. I did not know Jean only made soprano ukes. If it was a concert I would be very interested.

Actually, as i understand it, it was his son who was responsible for Ukulele production. E.

You have one on ebay too? Doesn't look anything like this one

That did seem a little strange...I checked glassact's posts and he started trying to sell three Larrivee ukes back in October...in fact, that's the only posts he's made on UU is attempting to sell these (not that there is anything inherently wrong with that).

How the heck does somebody end up with three Larrivees? The world ain't fair. LOL

Edit to add: I looked at the pic of the three ukes together from back in October and one is this one and another is the one on eBay. So, looks pretty legit.

BTW, Ed, you have to forgive us for being a bit suspicious we had a jerk trying to flip a bunch of seconds through the marketplace as firsts a couple of weeks ago. People are being a bit cautious.

John

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

Just want to mention that Ed is the real deal - in many ways.
He is, perhaps, better known in concertina circles and on concertina.net than here.
I purchased two concertinas from him (one quite rare, actually) in 2012 in a flawless transaction.

If you want to read a bit about a renaissance man, there's an article about him here:
http://alloveralbany.com/archive/2010/01/04/ed-stander

and here is his web site:
http://noisyscience.com/new_page_4.htm

Be Well,
dan

Hope you don't mind my posting this, Ed.

Last edited:
I bought one of the 3 Larrivees back in October and am very happy with the deal. I love my all maqhogany Larrivee...!!!

Dan:
I'm more of a middle aged man than a renaissance man.
As for the two Larrivee Ukes, well - what can I say? I'm a professional musician who has ten arms and 100 fingers. Playing all those ukes at once is something everyone should experience at least twice in their lives.
And - by the way - the uke I'm playing on noisyscience.com is an original Chris Knutsen harp ukulele from the early 1900's.
Both Koa ukes are still available, though one will be gone by this evening (see my EBAY listing). To all - let it be known that I would NEVER have listed them had the bank not been calling twice a day for their share of the largess!!!!
Best of all - Ed

Well, I'm down to one Larrivee Ukulele. The first $900 takes it with my blessings!
Best - Ed

Well, I'm down to one Larrivee Ukulele. The first $900 takes it with my blessings!
Best - Ed

Damn, you're even local to me, and I can't afford one!

Oh, well, I'll probably apologize in person for not having the money if I run into you at en Eighth Step or Old Songs concert.

-Kurt​

That is a good price. I paid more for mine and mine does not have the decorative binding. Someone will get a good deal.

I've been looking at Collings UT-1...how does the Larrivee compare??

OOps, nevermind...I see it's a soprano...

Last edited:
Top Bottom