New Mya-Moe Tenor Resonator

Leigh Coates

Reaction score
Well,... I fooled around over the past few months looking for a cheap-ish tenor resonator that I could fall in love with, because I really, really, really want a tenor resonator.

In light of the fact that:
a)We are in the coldest day of the year here in Saskatchewan (-40 C with a windchill that makes it feel like a cryogenic chamber) and
b) I've had several deaths in my circle of friends over the past couple of days....
I just went ahead and ordered myself what I really want.

It won't be ready until next winter, but it will be stupendous. All Koa body, Ebony binding, teardrop sound holes, high G tuning. Now I have something to look forward to. I guess it hasn't brought my friends back or changed the weather, but the distraction is appreciated.

Hmmm, don't forget the "progress pics." Congrats.

You convinced me. I have been waiting for a used Mya-Moe tenor resonator to hit the market. Every time I see one, I tell myself it has the wrong specs. Used prices are so high that I can't justify getting one that isn't built the way I want it. I just put a deposit on a tenor Quilted Maple w rope binding and a pickup.
Pricy but ....... I can save for the next 11 months.

Last edited:
Porridge Face, sounds like a welcome distraction. Condolences on your losses.

Coolkayaker1, yep, according to the Enthusiasts page on the Mya-Moe web site, if you ordered today, your instrument would be completed on January 22, 2015.

They're down to 11 months? lol A drop in time.

I don't think they've really had any drop. They had originally saved about 8 slots this year for builds they were going to make on their house specifications to bring to festivals and such. They later decided not to use those slots and instead filled them in with people who made orders. Thus they made room for a few more people. If they had not done that the wait would still be over a year.

YES..... I hear you.

That is where I was, and then when all hell broke loose I just went ahead and did what I really wanted to do anyway. :>)

In 11 months, you and I will be very happy individuals.

You convinced me. I have been waiting for a used Mya-Moe tenor resonator to hit the market. Every time I see one, I tell myself it has the wrong specs. Used prices are so high that I can't justify getting one that isn't built the way I want it. I just put a deposit on a tenor Quilted Maple w rope binding and a pickup.

Quilted Maple with rope binding.... nice! Mine will be curly koa with ebony binding. I want the teardrop soundholes.

There's a beautiful quilted maple tenor cutaway,slotted headstock, rope binding. #887 on FMM right now.

Nice...I've got a mya-moe cocobolo Tenor in the making! Ended spending a bit more than planned but can't wait! Shipping out Dec 16th.

Top Bottom