Ukulele Tab

Tania3739

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone know where you can find a more varied array of uke tab? The main one seems to be www.ukulele-tabs.com, but I haven't heard of many of the tab songs. I'm looking to duet with my partner on the guitar ideally for performances, so some more mainstream songs would be ideal (mainstream of old and new :)).

Thanks for any advice

Some song sites, like chordie.com, will allow you to specify ukulele tuning, which means that the displayed chord diagrams will be for ukulele. However, you can use any site that gives the chords for a song. If you encounter a chord you don't know, you can look it up on ukebuddy.com.

Ultimate Guitar http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ has ukulele specific chords sometimes. The two tings I love about this site are: 1 - it has all of the words for the songs, and the main ukulele site does not...and 2 - it's got a transposer. So you can basically just look up any song you want, and hit the transpose button until it's in the right key for your ukulele and your voice. I have learned a lot of songs that way. You just have to find a site with ukulele chord charts...which is easy. I have a couple of apps I use on my phone too that are very handy.

Good luck!

Just another couple of quick notes about Ultimate Guitar...

The good: They have chord diagrams for most of the chords used in songs. You'll find all the majors, minors and 7ths as well as a few of the more uncommon chords can be highlighted which will bring up the diagram of that chord in a little box. If you look at the bottom of that box, you can pull up alternate chord diagrams. This is a handy little feature.

The bad: The vast majority of songs are posted by users. That means they are almost all songs that someone just kinda figured out how to play. ALSO: Many of the "ukulele" songs are actually just copies of the guitar versions that people just kinda figured out how to play. Normally, this isn't really a problem because for the most part a C is a C is a C. Some are better than others, but be prepared to make your own corrections because there a bloody lot of mistakes...

Ukutabs has a more user friendly interface. It doesn't have as many songs as ultimate guitar or ukulele-tabs, but all songs have lyrics. UkuleleHunt is my personal favourite with a tonne of really well done chord sheets and tabs.

Have a look at the learn to uke website they have a downloadable songbook with a lot of songs old and new.

I find this a useful site for transposing if you have the words with the chords written above them, or the words with the chords written in brackets in the words,
http://www.logue.net/xp/

Top Bottom