string exchange?

dirtiestkidever

Reaction score
Hi all,

I like to try different strings out on ukes. Sometimes its immediately evident that a certain string/uke combination isn't going to work. So I have two sets of Worth BLs that I tried (technically a 1/2 set on each since they come double long) on 2 different sopranos. Each was on the uke for about 1-2 days. So they still should be good to go providing they fit another uke. These ukes had a slotted bridge and I cut them after winding them so there is a chance they might be too short for your particular uke. But the price is pretty good (free or send me a barely used set of strings you didn't like).

Anyone want these 2 sets? It would be even better if you had some barely used Worth CMs or BMs you could send me in exchange. But I really dont like the light tension Worths so if no one wants these they will probably just sit in the bottom of some drawer until the next time I move.

Just to be clear. If someone has some strings to exchange great. If not, no problem I will just send these out for free. Assuming it only takes a stamp or too I'll even cover the postage.

While we are at it I think I still have some tenor string sets (unused) but no tenor ukulele any more. Maybe we could get a little new and used string exchange going to get strings out of drawers and onto ukes. Maybe a dumb idea but for the price of a few stamps perhaps we could all save some money.

Anyone interested?

I'll take them. I'm quite new still and haven't ventured away from stock strings yet but I'd love to try some new ones.

I sent out some strings years back and never even got a thank you!

Well you have ukulele karma on your side. I received some ukulele karma recently in the form of a very affordable vintage martin and therefore have some karma to repay.

wildfire070 said:
I'll take them. I'm quite new still and haven't ventured away from stock strings yet but I'd love to try some new ones.

Great. This is for a soprano uke with slots in the bridge right? Send me a PM with your address and I'll send em out. Cheers.

Sent you a PM. Thanks! And it is a soprano with slotted bridge.

I'm going to sort out what strings I have laying around. Like most new Ukers, when I first started I was changing string so often now I'm not really sure what strings I have on my 6 Ukes. After hearing of your Good Karma, I think it's time to send out some more!

The slightly used used BLs are sent.

I have some unused sets i don't need too.

A full set (46 inches) of Worth BT strings.

A half set (23) inches of Worth CL.

Anyone interested? Anyone have a set of Worth CMs or PhD soprano strings they would trade me for these?

I just now got around to trying out the Worth BL strings you sent me and I really like them. Thank you for sharing and getting me to venture out from Aquilas.

Great! It makes me happy that they aren't being just thrown away.

I just bought a bunch of strings that I'm not sure I will like so I'll post here if I won't be using them!

uU should have a subforum for string exchange perhaps.

This isn't a string exchange per se. It's no secret that I work for GHS Strings. I also have a number of sets of our fluorocarbon and nylon ukulele sets on my desk.

If anyone would like to try a set of these (and live in the CONUS), please shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to get a set to you to try. And then, if you want to swap them with others here, please feel free.

Or better yet, just a Swap section that allows anyone who wants to trade--strings, ukes, cases, etc.--to log on and do so separate from the Marketplace (not everyone wants to buy, but some might love to swap!)

Having recently swapped strings with somebody and had a good experience, I agree. I'd love a swap section.

Hey, BadMonkey, thanks for the strings, can't wait to try them! Paying it forward, I have an extra set of Martin M600's I'll send them out to anyone who wants to try them out. PM me...

I don't have the M600's anymore, but I'll look and see what I do have...

I was literally thinking about this just yesterday. One string didn't sound good, so I took one out of a different set and replaced the string, (different brand), and now the ukulele sounds great again.
I bet there are various partial sets out there, and full sets left over from experimenting with different strings.

I have a new, unused set of Aquila Super Nylgut high G, concert. The gray Martins off of my Iz tenor, high G, never used. Used Fremont clears for concert, high G. Martin M600, concert high G used 2 mos. Regular Aquilas, concert high G, used.

If you want, DM me and I'll send them to you.

Top Bottom