Is this uke worth $39 bucks?

heck no, it's not bad, good price too! I have an LU-11, which is a grade below that one and it plays really well, sound isn't that bad either.

The LU-11 and LU-21 models are probably one of the best "beginner" ukes out there. My first uke was an LU-21C and my wife still has it. I've also purchased a bunch of LU-11s because I have a lot of grandkids. Every one I've purchased has needed a bit of tweaking at the nut on one or two strings to get the first-position intonation really good - but each of them was also tolerable right out of the box.

John

I agree in general. But at that price point it comes down to the specific uke. If I were shopping in that price range I would not hesitate to buy it.

this is my lay around the house and play whenever uke. yes will likely require some nut work out of the box.

Just checked your link and it automatically gave me a price in GB pounds. Definitely a great deal. I'm almost tempted to get one for my granddaughter.

Sadly they don't ship to the UK! As with most other really good uke prices - this little island pays an absolute premium for everything!

great uke for the money. I always have a couple LU-21s laying around the house to give to local kids that show interests in playing. A couple local kids I know around here are still playing them and they are Juniors and seniors in highschool, and I gave it to them when they were in grade school.

Very good deal. Most of the little pineapples are pretty much the same. Snag one.

I just ordered a brand new Kala KA-C yesterday. IMO, I got a pretty good deal. I paid 66.93 shipped after a pricematch and reduction. But I am just a newb and might have jumped on this. Is my Kala worth the extra...I could probably still cancel.

Last edited:
I just ordered a brand new Kala KA-C yesterday. IMO, I got a pretty good deal. I paid 66.93 shipped after a pricematch and reduction. But I am just a newb and might have jumped on this. Is my Kala worth the extra...I could probably still cancel.

Don't think you can compare the two. This is just a little soprano pineapple. You bought a concert-enjoy.

Don't think you can compare the two. This is just a little soprano pineapple. You bought a concert-enjoy.

great!...was afraid of getting buyers remorse!

that said the pineapple could probably be had for 34 shipped if guitar center pricematched and gave the 10% difference.

Last edited:
great!...was afraid of getting buyers remorse!

that said the pineapple could probably be had for 34 shipped if guitar center pricematched and gave the 10% difference.

Just order the pineapple as well. You know you want it. :p

GC requires a $49 minimum for free shipping.

That is true, but Musicians Friend doesn't. I have pricematched many times. They match free shipping as well. Guitar Center and Musicians Friend is owned by the same company.

Looks like they're sold out online now. Link comes up that the product is currently unavailable.

That has been the price of the lu21p there for some time. I think they have been making room for the tunaukes that sadly have replaced this series.

Top Bottom