WTB: Kiwaya KTS-7 or KoAloha KCM-02

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
I've been toying with getting a soprano or concert. The two that interest me most are the Kiwaya KTS-7 and the KoAloha KCM-02. I don't want to pop for a new one given I'm not sure either size will work for me long-term, so I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone has either one used they'd be willing to sell.

I was looking for a used KTS also and as i couldn't find one i picked up a new Kiwaya KS-6 for about $250. If is amazing, and at least until i have the money for a new Kiwaya it will tide me over. Something to consider if the right offer doesn't come along.

What is the difference between a Kiwaya KS-5 and a KS-6? I bought a used KS-5 from someone here on UU and I just love it. I had been a die hard concert size lover and now I feel like I'm firmly in the soprano camp. The KS-5 feels easier to play than any uke I've ever had.

Having owned those two instruments in the past, they are so different sounding, it's hard to know which to buy, so, as you are doing, it's a matter of seeing which one will be for sale, used, first. Both are nice, though, and I think you're on the right track with your request, UkeEddie.

What is the difference between a Kiwaya KS-5 and a KS-6? I bought a used KS-5 from someone here on UU and I just love it. I had been a die hard concert size lover and now I feel like I'm firmly in the soprano camp. The KS-5 feels easier to play than any uke I've ever had.

The KS-5 is a 15 fret laminate. as far as I know, there is no KS-6 on Kiwaya's website, but an ebay seller has one listed, a 12 fret laminate Eco series. the 0nly 12 fret laminate eco series on the Kiwaya website is their KS-4p pineapple. so this is confusing. Also, to add confusion the picture the ebay seller shows further down on their page shows an artist [solid] series with the stamp on the back of the headstock. there is a KTS-6, a 17 fret solid w/ binding, which I bet is VERY nice, but if you find one for $250 let me know, I'll buy one.

I'll bet the KTS-5,6 and 7 all sound and play pretty much the same. You can get a new KTS-5 for what you would be really lucky to get a used 7 for. just sayn
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-KIWAYA-KS-6-SOPRANO-UKULELE-ECO-SERIES-/191059416983
http://takumiukulele.com/kiwayaukuleles.html

Last edited:
I PM'ed Julie as i didn't want to hijack the thread but as there is a confusion i'll say what i know. I bought one of the KS-6 from that ebay seller, very good seller and very prompt. The uke looks exactly like a KTS-4, same moustache at the bottom of the fretboard and all mahogany, gold tuners and other than that it's very simple. The one i bought is actually pictured on the post, #2735 is says on the label ;-) Plays lovely, resonates for ever, great tone and insanely light. I'm guessing that the lack of a KS-6 on the web-site is simply that they didn't update it recently. Hope that clears things up...

Appreciate everyone's input.

I recognize there is a serious price premium just for the bling factor of the KTS-7. And that is precisely why I'm focused on finding a good deal on a used one in excellent shape. Otherwise, I will simply by a KTS-5 which I can buy new for about $600.

Top Bottom