PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Kiwaya KTS-7 or KoAloha KCM-02

Ukulele Eddie
03-02-2014, 01:33 PM
I've been toying with getting a soprano or concert. The two that interest me most are the Kiwaya KTS-7 and the KoAloha KCM-02. I don't want to pop for a new one given I'm not sure either size will work for me long-term, so I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone has either one used they'd be willing to sell.

billten
03-02-2014, 01:42 PM
I was looking for a used KTS also and as i couldn't find one i picked up a new Kiwaya KS-6 for about $250. If is amazing, and at least until i have the money for a new Kiwaya it will tide me over. Something to consider if the right offer doesn't come along.

julie
03-02-2014, 03:07 PM
What is the difference between a Kiwaya KS-5 and a KS-6? I bought a used KS-5 from someone here on UU and I just love it. I had been a die hard concert size lover and now I feel like I'm firmly in the soprano camp. The KS-5 feels easier to play than any uke I've ever had.

coolkayaker1
03-03-2014, 04:51 AM
Having owned those two instruments in the past, they are so different sounding, it's hard to know which to buy, so, as you are doing, it's a matter of seeing which one will be for sale, used, first. Both are nice, though, and I think you're on the right track with your request, UkeEddie.

strumsilly
03-03-2014, 09:02 AM
What is the difference between a Kiwaya KS-5 and a KS-6? I bought a used KS-5 from someone here on UU and I just love it. I had been a die hard concert size lover and now I feel like I'm firmly in the soprano camp. The KS-5 feels easier to play than any uke I've ever had.

The KS-5 is a 15 fret laminate. as far as I know, there is no KS-6 on Kiwaya's website, but an ebay seller has one listed, a 12 fret laminate Eco series. the 0nly 12 fret laminate eco series on the Kiwaya website is their KS-4p pineapple. so this is confusing. Also, to add confusion the picture the ebay seller shows further down on their page shows an artist [solid] series with the stamp on the back of the headstock. there is a KTS-6, a 17 fret solid w/ binding, which I bet is VERY nice, but if you find one for $250 let me know, I'll buy one.

I'll bet the KTS-5,6 and 7 all sound and play pretty much the same. You can get a new KTS-5 for what you would be really lucky to get a used 7 for. just sayn
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-KIWAYA-KS-6-SOPRANO-UKULELE-ECO-SERIES-/191059416983
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-KIWAYA-KS-6-SOPRANO-UKULELE-ECO-SERIES-/191059416983)http://takumiukulele.com/kiwayaukuleles.html

billten
03-03-2014, 09:27 AM
I PM'ed Julie as i didn't want to hijack the thread but as there is a confusion i'll say what i know. I bought one of the KS-6 from that ebay seller, very good seller and very prompt. The uke looks exactly like a KTS-4, same moustache at the bottom of the fretboard and all mahogany, gold tuners and other than that it's very simple. The one i bought is actually pictured on the post, #2735 is says on the label ;-) Plays lovely, resonates for ever, great tone and insanely light. I'm guessing that the lack of a KS-6 on the web-site is simply that they didn't update it recently. Hope that clears things up...

Ukulele Eddie
03-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Appreciate everyone's input.

I recognize there is a serious price premium just for the bling factor of the KTS-7. And that is precisely why I'm focused on finding a good deal on a used one in excellent shape. Otherwise, I will simply by a KTS-5 which I can buy new for about $600.