Acoustic uke amp help

superil21

Reaction score
Hi :D
well i just got this ohana acoustic uke and an amp.
and i dont know how to do the settings (amp) to make it sound good for playing some nice hawaiian songs and others..
i dont know how to adjust the treble, mid, and the bass to make it sound good. songs im gonna play: (santeria, somewhere over the rainbow, turn off the lights down, and is this love).

well could you help me on how to adjust my the amp and the uke or give me a tip. maybe the tuning too =D

thank you very much :shaka:

I think Stackabones gave the best advice possible, knowing nothing else about what kind of amp you have. Start with all the tone controls flat and accentuate or decentuate the lows, mids and highs. What kind of amplifier do you have? Ric

A friend does a cool thing that I should have mentioned. Everything is still starting at 12 o'clock. Start with the mids and dial out the nasal quality. Then tweak the highs. You probably won't need to do much with the bass. He recommends that you never boost anything in the EQ.

Hope that helps, too.

If you can, have someone else tweak the amp settings (with you directing them) while you stand in front playing the uke. It makes it a lot easier to hear the difference between settings.

Most importantly, once you find settings you like, be sure to write them down! And also bear in mind that the settings that work best in your living room are probably not going to be the settings that work best in your local pub/restaurant/hall/etc. That's what sound checks are for.

Top Bottom