Wanted Kala KA SLNG in the UK

camperman

Reaction score
I'd like a long neck soprano and don't have a big budget and I'd like a Kala KA SLNG.
Problem is I can't find anyone who advertises them in the UK. I've even mailed Sutherland Trading who are the Kala importers and they didn't reply.
Does anyone know of any dealers who stock them?
I tried to buy one from USA via Ebay. Great dealer, great service but for some reason it got stopped by the shippers and the message from Ebay was "We're writing to let you know that your recent purchase of Kala Long Neck Gloss Mahogany Soprano Uke through the Global Postage Programme couldn't be delivered to you because the shipment contained items that were found to be restricted for import to UK."
I'd even settle for a really nice used one.

Last edited:
Sam Ash has them and they ship internationally...

No help on locating one in the UK, but I have to say this is a nice little uke. I recently helped a friend pick out a starter uke in a very well-stocked shop, and the KA-SLNG just sort of jumped out at us amongst the lower-priced ukes. I don't think I've played anything better in that price range.

Thanks for your replies everyone.
My local guitar shop contacted me today and said he'd spoken to the Kala importers (more luck than I had lol) who advised him that stocks would be arriving in late May so he has put in an order for some and will be reserving one for me.

Who do you use locally in Birmingham Camperman? GuitarGuitar?

Who do you use locally in Birmingham Camperman? GuitarGuitar?

I've looked in Guitar Guitar but was very disappointed to see that they only had a handful of ukes on display/in stock and most of those were cheap coloured ones. They have plenty on line. Similar situation with PMT.

It's my local, small, friendly independent guitar shop that sorted out my Kala order for me. Rockstar Guitars, Blackheath.

Top Bottom