Valentine's Ideas?

Misguided Musician

Reaction score
Hey! Just wanted to know some people's ideas and see if anyone else needed help with their ideas for that special someone or for just a good friend. I need some back-up plans, just in case.

My initial plan was to get my friend a bunch of japanese cherry blossoms. I was supposed to take her to this museum that had the trees and just uncover her eyes to see the pathway, but the museum reservations were all taken and now I have no idea what else to do. Anyone know where I can get some Japanese Cherry Blossoms in SoCal?

Any other ideas?

write her a song :D

ask her what her favorite color and flower is. Then make an arrangement using both (i.e. blue flowers with white roses)

get her some blue iris' and pomegranates. Then tell her the story of hades and Persephone. (it's a dark story... so if you're into that haha)

Just some ideas. :D i dunno where there's cherry blossoms :(

Wow Aldrine, will you be my valentine?

Hey! Just wanted to know some people's ideas and see if anyone else needed help with their ideas for that special someone or for just a good friend. I need some back-up plans, just in case.

My initial plan was to get my friend a bunch of japanese cherry blossoms. I was supposed to take her to this museum that had the trees and just uncover her eyes to see the pathway, but the museum reservations were all taken and now I have no idea what else to do. Anyone know where I can get some Japanese Cherry Blossoms in SoCal?

Any other ideas?
I bet Little Tokyo in L.A. has trees. Call their chamber of commerce and ask. You could even drive her up there to see the trees and then take her out to eat there. It's a nice place to walk around and shop.

Wow Aldrine, will you be my valentine?

No I want to be his Valentine!!

I have to ask my bf first tho. lol

Seriously, any girl would love her own song. Go for it! And don't they have cherry blossom bonsai's? You usually have to order away for them and they might be a tad expensive, but they'd be so cute.

Thanks Aldrine! There's always that, but I was already gonna do that too. Ahh, now I have that nagging feeling where I feel like I'm not doing enough. Anyone else have that feeling before? I would spend hundreds of dollars on her, but I don't have that. :(
and then again, there's always diamonds....

Mann if I could only afford that...

Thanks guys! Any more ideas?

I would spend hundreds of dollars on her, but I don't have that. :(

That's the kind of thing that needs to go in the song.

Seriously, there are guys who do have hundreds of dollars to spend on their sweetheart. And then they wonder if it's "enough". They wonder if they should've done something heartfelt and true, like writing a song. ;)

Anyone can spend money. That doesn't take love, just a good paycheck. But to risk making a complete ass out of yourself? That's the stuff of romance. That shows you care more about her than yourself, and that's what V-day is all about.

Of course, you could always seranade her with a song you didn't write. Here are some candidates, off the top of my head:

Everything (Michael Buble) ...mentioned in a recent thread
If I Could (October Project)
You're My Home (Billy Joel) ... actually written as a present for his wife because he couldn't afford a Valentine's Day present

JJ

Last edited:
ermmm...
how about a scavenger hunt? :D
like you could ask the management of some places if they would be willing to help you out.
you could start off with lunch and then take around places as he or she guesses.

if you are on a budget; it doesn't have to be expensive either...

example: let's say that you and your valentine usually go to taco bell. you can ask the managment if they could stick the first clue on the tray. as he or she removes her food from the tray.. bam; there's a clue....and then it leads to somewhere else.

maybe the last clue leads you to perform a song dedicated to him or her on the beach or something.
:sigh:
good luck..lol.

is it cute for a girl to serenade you? or is it cheesy? or does it depend on the song?

i would think it would be pretty sweet...but then again im pretty different then a lot of other people.

I dont celebrate Valentine's day, I think its a pretty silly holiday. At most i might say happy Valentine's day then kiss my girl, but im not going to do much more...

...luckily for her our yearly anniversary is the 11th. its our two years this year and since we are both poor atm we are going to cook dinner together. i got her a white gold ring with two emeralds in it. I think ill put it in the salad bowl, so there is no chance of her eating it...

Seriously, any girl would love her own song.
Yups, any female would. I asked my bf to write me a song for Christmas, just one single song, no other gifts. It was a long-distance relationship. So, what did he write about? Basically saying how it can be love when we haven't met? Yeah, that's right. The man said he loved me then wrote a song saying how could it be love? And that is why he is now an ex. :rolleyes:

Yups, any female would. I asked my bf to write me a song for Christmas, just one single song, no other gifts. It was a long-distance relationship. So, what did he write about? Basically saying how it can be love when we haven't met? Yeah, that's right. The man said he loved me then wrote a song saying how could it be love? And that is why he is now an ex. :rolleyes:

okay okay... forget the song then misguided... go with diamonds.
lol:D

Con Aldrine into writing her a song. Fly Aldrine over to serenade her. Then convince her it was all your idea.

Pick some random tree in a park and give it to her..
Who DOESNT want their own tree, man??

A few years ago when we were housesitting for my in-laws, Rich got a bunch of votive candles and white Christmas lights and put them all over the willow tree right out the back door.

It was spectacular, like he turned the tree into a candelabra!

He also set up a table and a boombox for music, and we dined under the beautiful tree. (We had pizza delivery. One of my favorites, and something we can't get at home.)

Top Bottom