Small shop in my city.. brands they carry are…

There is a lot of info here on all the brands listed on the web page you linked to. A single-word search on any of them will yield many posts, especially Kanilea and Kala.

Happy Uke Hunting!

I suppose my questions is, do they seem to have good brand selection?

I suppose my questions is, do they seem to have good brand selection?

Not familiar with the shop but they appear to have a selection of brands that works from intro/beginner to higher end (Kanilea) that covers decent range of price & potential quality. I suppose it's going to depend what of those brands they have in stock/ on hand and whether any sound good to you and fit your budget.

From what is on the website, they have a nice selection and several choices. Have you stopped by to see what they actually carry in the store? My local shop is doing more to increase stock on site, but for the longest time the answer usually was, "We don't have it here, but we can order it." I hope they carry a lot of instruments for you to get your hands on. Lots of good brands on that web page.

Great selection of brands for a guitar store.

I was there a couple of weeks ago. It seems to me that what was on the website was what was in the store. Add up all the Ukes on display at the area's two Guitar Centers and the one Sam Ash and this place still had more of a selection. Do stop in. You'll be glad you did.

(Note: Yes, I know this is my first post. I am not affiliated in any way with this store - I just finally found something I can comment on.)

Definitely a far better selection than the stores in my area, and that includes the independent ones. Kanilea is a higher-end brand, the rest are great for starter and mid-level ukes. Go and check out what they have, and see what you like

Just for comparison, I have to drive to another state if I want to try out any K brands. I can find Kala, Lanikai, and Cordoba ukes here easily (well, maybe the new Martins, which don't interest me), but that's about it. Anything on the level of even a Mainland or Ohana is hard to find. I don't live in the boonies, either.

Last edited:
Something to consider about a local shop is not only the brands they sell, but also what else they offer. It looks like this shop could be trying to build a uke culture with their Uke 'n' Roll classes, so it might be a great environment to learn, play, and meet other ukers. Seems like it at least merits a visit, and you might find a great uke to buy while you're there!

Top Bottom