Vintag uke with a crack!

Fast Fab

Reaction score
Hello All,

I posted this in "uke tech support" but no help/reply's I figured you guys would be able to help!

I have a vintage mahogany Favilla with a crack in the back of the body. It's so tight that its hard to see, but you can hear it when you tap on the sound board! I want to repair the crack and searching the forum I see everyone suggest HHG. I am not a wood worker and don't know where to find this glue, or if that's the right product for this job. Please advise.

All the Best,
Robert

It's the right product for the job. Beg, borrow or steal some Fish Glue (Lee Valley sell it). It's a lot easier to use, long open time. It's used straight out of the bottle. If you mess it up, it's completely reversible and it sticks to itself. You can have twenty attempts or more if you really need to.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Good luck with the repair. My wife and I love Favillas generally and the mahogany we tried sounded really wonderful.

Thanks for the info/advice on the repair! I have not had time to review all the information you provided, but will over the weekend. I hope I can locate the materials needed to get the job done and that the repair goes well.. Thanks again for all the support with my project!

All the Best,
Robert

Top Bottom