NUD Pono ATSH

Steve97365

Reaction score
Just opened my new Pono ATSH from HMS and Andrew, and I couldn't be more pleased.
What a beautiful instrument and it sounds as good or better than it looks. It came well-packed in a beautiful Ko'olau case and with three extra sets of different Ko'olau strings.

Any one who is looking for a solid wood, well-made, and nicely finished uke I believe would be more than happy with a Pono.

I dealt primarily with Andrew because this uke was a demo that he had set aside, and everything about my experience with him and HMS was incredible and professional. Everyone should do business like they do!
Here is the obligatory picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Congrats! Nice looking uke! I agree HMS and Andrew are good peeps.

John

Steve97365-
Nice uke….. I love my two pono's too (MTD and MTD-8). Purchased both from Andrew the owner of HMS. Joel does set-ups and he is retentive, 5 star all the way. I am saving up for a custom Lefty electric cutaway Ko'olau given I can't convince anyone over at Tamaca to even put me on a waiting list at this time (lol)!
Jam on…..Machete

Excellent news, Steve. I want a Pono, but ordered one that was too quiet (not from HMS). Corey told me that I could email Andrew, and ask for a loud Pono. Did you find much difference among the Ponos you tried in terms of volume and tone?

Enjoy your new treasure!

Congrats. That is one sweet looking uke!

Glad everything worked out so well. Andrew is a great guy to deal with.

Hope your week end is clear for playing.

Congrats....nice looking uke.

Frank B, I did find the mahogany tenor Pono to be louder than the Acacia. I think that the one with the spruce top would be even louder. I already have a solid hog Kala, and a Riptide spruce top with Rosewood sides, so wanted the particular tone of the Acacia. Andrew sent a link to my uke bring compared and played against a Pono MHST. It's under my thread several days ago. UAS cured. http://vimeo.com/70395738

Last edited:
Congratulations! I love Ponos but am afraid the neck would be too thick for my hand.....there are lots of them around here.....people seem to love them!

Nickie, I haven't found the neck to be too big, but then again I play the uke secondary to the guitar. It feels very comfortable to me.

Thanks Steve. They both sound great, and I'd have a tough time making a choice. Corey certainly gets a workout with those samples! I just bought his album from iTunes tonight. My wife and I were listening to Corey's Kanilea samples, and I mentioned his new CD, and she said BUY IT. I thought she meant the Kanilea..... :D

I got one too FROM HMS and FROM Andrew, which was my second uke and an upgrade! My Pono.jpg

I got one too FROM HMS and FROM Andrew, which was my second uke and an upgrade! View attachment 64782
Is it loud? I'm superficial, and only want to bother the neighbors. My son came home the other day, and said he could hear me playing before he reached the door. It was cold out, and the doors and windows were shut tight. :D

That's a great looking ukulele. ENJOY!

I honestly don't know because I haven't compared with others. But I did have a Mi-Si pick-up installed. :D

Top Bottom