Compass Rose Koa Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltytri

Reaction score
As I've said about other recent sales, I'm thinning the herd now that I'm making my own. When I set out to build ukuleles, I acquired several excellent instruments to become better acquainted with good tone and proper building techniques. These have served their purpose and should move on to new homes.

I purchased this Compass Rose tenor new from Gryphon about two years ago. The top and back are both single pieces of spectacularly curly koa. Curl doesn't much tighter than this. The fret board and bridge are ebony. There are no dings or scratches. Included is the Access gig bag that it came in. It is in prime condition, having been little played and properly humidified.

$1300 shipped in the lower 48. Shipping elsewhere at my cost.

12982104435_a2da52437f_h.jpg

12982104175_c71c13c6cb_h.jpg

12982241293_b0533c1eab_h.jpg

12982518914_982c6271f9_h.jpg

Awesome looking Uke. I wish I had the cash to grab this one.

Beautiful uke. Looks like a one piece top and back, somewhat unusual. Good luck with the sale, if it hasn't already sold.:)

Beautiful uke. Looks like a one piece top and back, somewhat unusual. Good luck with the sale, if it hasn't already sold.:)

Yes, Dane, the seller states it is a one piece top and bottom in his ad. He has me thinking about this one. I have been trying to hold back for the custom "one".

Makes me appreciate my Compass Rose when you see some as beautiful as this. They really are terrific, terrific instruments.

Last edited:
Makes me appreciate my Compass Rose when you see some as beautiful as this. They really are terrific, terrific instruments.

I regret selling my 2006 custom sycamore tenor but I really needed the money at the time. I never ever forgot how it felt in my hands or the way that it resonated. Rick makes damn good functional art.

Agree. I play my CR everyday.

Thanks for all the interest and nice comments. The CR is off to a new owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom