My Intro

marvin.xing

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!! :) I am so happy to become a part of this group. I am living here in Saudi Arabia, a country where ukuleles seem not popular. I have searched in and out of musical instrument stores here. Unfortunately, ukuleles are out of the scene. Asians are so fond of these little stringed instrument, as told by a sales representative. But for unknown reasons, store owners are not placing any shelf for these popular and lovely four-stringed instrument. I ended up taking the last resort just to have my first ukulele, purchasing one from an eBay seller.

I am so happy, strumming my first buddy, a Stagg US10 Soprano Uke. I've been with this since last January, hoping to upgrade with a more pricey and more decent sounding one.

I hope this group will help me guide to improve my skills, looking forward gaining tips and expertise from others here.

Thanks a lot!!! :)

Greetings and welcome. You have come to the right place. If you contemplate getting a solid wood instrument as opposed to a laminate, be sure you read up on humidification issues. An all laminate one should be no problem. Good luck

Welcome to the Forum~ I enjoyed your introduction!

Welcome, marvin.xing! You've come to the right place to learn all about the uke - have fun!

Welcome to the Forum~ I enjoyed your introduction!

Thanks you so much! I hope one day, people here in Saudi Arabia, especially the Arabs will appreciate the beauty of this young (perhaps) instrument known to mankind! I did at least a small thing to make it known here. I post photos in my Facebook account, or even, in my Instagram account everything about the uke so people here will at least, have spark of interest about it.

There are times that I contact store owners to suggest putting up a space for ukes in their shops not just here in Al Khobar but in Saudi Arabia as a whole!

Hello to..all..to be honest I was just accidentally jump in to this forum site..because I was looking for a baritone ukulele here in Saudi. .unfortunately I can't find any..but I'm glad to be here..as all of you guys here are sharing the same interest in music here..hope anyone here could help me to have my very first ukulele. .I want to have my own baritone ukulele so badly..anyways thanks in advance..more power to this forum..

Top Bottom