PDA

View Full Version : Mim's Ukes

BigMamaJ40
03-08-2014, 04:36 AM
I was searching for Mim's website today, but received the "404" site not found message. Is ebay the only way to buy from Mim?

Doug W
03-08-2014, 04:49 AM
I am guessing that you are seeing some temporary problem and that the site will be up and running again today or tomorrow.

fretie
03-08-2014, 04:56 AM
I emailed Mim as well as FB messaged her earlier this week and didn't hear back from her. :-(

ksiegel
03-08-2014, 04:57 AM
This is her site: http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/mimsukuleles/StoreFront

Contact information on the old Wordpress site is given as:

6235 Buffalo Mountain Road SW
Meadows of Dan, VA 24120
1-704-238-3555

I have always called her, and left a message.

Icelander53
03-08-2014, 05:11 AM
How odd. I just got something similar. She is usually is running an online store apart from ebay. I wonder what's up? Even her contact number is down.

Icelander53
03-08-2014, 05:12 AM
This is her site: http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/mimsukuleles/StoreFront

Contact information on the old Wordpress site is given as:

6235 Buffalo Mountain Road SW
Meadows of Dan, VA 24120
1-704-238-3555

I have always called her, and left a message.

Just clicked on your link and it's working. Must be a temp glitch as someone above mentioned.

glass
03-08-2014, 06:37 AM
Just clicked on your link and it's working. Must be a temp glitch as someone above mentioned.

Also www.mimsukes.com works fine here....

fretie
03-08-2014, 07:02 AM
Earlier in the week both the website and her FB pages were accessible but she did not reply to email that I sent nor to a message on FB.....not sure why....did I forget to shower last week....:eek:

I was ready to buy...so ended up going with Lucysukes on ebay which turned out to be an equally excellent experience as when I worked with Mim which I have done in the past. ;)

Leigh Coates
03-08-2014, 07:22 AM
Inquiring minds want to know...... what did you buy? :>)

Earlier in the week both the website and her FB pages were accessible but she did not reply to email that I sent nor to a message on FB.....not sure why....did I forget to shower last week....:eek:

I was ready to buy...so ended up going with Lucysukes on ebay which turned out to be an equally excellent experience as when I worked with Mim which I have done in the past. ;)

fretie
03-08-2014, 07:27 AM
Inquiring minds want to know...... what did you buy? :>)

Paulele bamboo!!

I play Japanese bamboo flute too so this is what happens when shakuhachi meets aloha!!;)

Leigh Coates
03-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Nobody could ever accuse you of being bamboozled!!!

Paulele bamboo!!

I play Japanese bamboo flute too so this is what happens when shakuhachi meets aloha!!;)

Mim
03-08-2014, 07:30 AM

OH MY GOSH I AM SO SORRY!

Facebook is a hard way to get ahold of me because the message shows up once and if it shows up on my phone it does not show up when I get back to my office so I forget about it.

Now e-mail there is no excuse for that unless it somehow got lost in the mix (it happens from time to time because I get about 100 e-mails a day, not all from customers, notifications, things like that). And if I get really busy (this week has been a weirdly busy week), i do sometimes get behind on e-mails! I am so sorry about that! I will try to be more punctual next time :)

Mim
03-08-2014, 07:32 AM
MY WEBSITE IS BACK UP!

Sorry... Godaddy had sent be an e-mail to renew and I thought I had more time (see... busy week... I did not even read my godaddy like I should... haha)!

SORRY GUYS!
BACK UP!

You can e-mail me too! mim@mimsukes.com

AND THIS TIME I WILL ANSWER!

I am going to set aside a couple hours this afternoon to catch up on e-mails!

BUT IT IS BACK!!!

Sorry about that! Doh!

Mim
03-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Paulele bamboo!!

DAG GONE IT! I would have sold you one too!
I know what happened now!
I saw your e-mail and knew it would take me a long time to respond because I wanted to get a little more info for you and it was a particularly busy day where I was trying to get things out by the post office. I just looked and it went into my "old mail" folder. Bad Mim... sorry about that!!! Anyway... dag nab it... that is what I get for not getting right to it!

You will enjoy your little Paulele for sure! They are super cute and have a nice plunky ukulele sound and the price is good!!!

Mim
03-08-2014, 07:36 AM

www.instantrimshot.com

Mim
03-08-2014, 07:46 AM
That reminded me to add my Free Shipping code back to my website ;)

So, there is that! Any order over $150!

Raygf
03-08-2014, 08:07 AM
www.instantrimshot.com (http://www.instantrimshot.com)

Thanks for this link. I LOVE it!

fretie
03-08-2014, 01:07 PM
DAG GONE IT! I would have sold you one too!
I know what happened now!
I saw your e-mail and knew it would take me a long time to respond because I wanted to get a little more info for you and it was a particularly busy day where I was trying to get things out by the post office. I just looked and it went into my "old mail" folder. Bad Mim... sorry about that!!! Anyway... dag nab it... that is what I get for not getting right to it!

You will enjoy your little Paulele for sure! They are super cute and have a nice plunky ukulele sound and the price is good!!!

Awww.... Mim sorry to have not been able to order from you... undoubtedly there'll be some other time!

fretie
03-08-2014, 01:18 PM

LOL! :agree:

Mim
03-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Awww.... Mim sorry to have not been able to order from you... undoubtedly there'll be some other time!

Totally my bad on this one! Being a one-person show has it's benefits, but also sometimes something like this will slip through the cracks! But I am happy you tracked one down!

Yep... UAS is an serious affliction that must be fed ;)

frukmana
03-08-2014, 08:20 PM
I bought from her several months ago, I Pm'ed her here in UU.

NOTLguy
03-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Bought my Pono Tenor from Mim in February on a personal visit to Meadows of Dan. Excellent service was provided from a very busy lady. I don't know how she does it. She exhibited about ten ukes that I had requested. I highly recommend her for a uke purchase and if you get a chance to visit her in the mountains, you will see how beautiful this area is.

Bill