Season 108 - These go to 11

Dougf

Reaction score
Welcome to season 108, brought to you this week by the number 11.

Theme:
- songs by Spinal Tap, or
- songs with the number eleven in the lyrics or title, or
- songs by bands with the number eleven in their name, or
- songs that you feel capture the essence of the concept of “cranking it to 11”

Judging:
The prize will be awarded based on a random drawing, along with a judging component.
Everybody who enters will get their name in the hat once, regardless of how many times you enter.
You can enter as many videos as you like, up to 11.

In addition, anybody who wants to be a judge, just send me a PM after the season close with up to 11 of your favorite picks.
The only requirement to be a judge is that you have been a UU member since Feb 2014.
Voting ends the following Sunday.
I'll compile the top 11 of everybody's top 11, and those names will get added to the hat one more time.

Prizes:
The first name drawn from the hat will win my #11 homemade ukulele, a concert made from incense cedar and manzanita.
The second name drawn from the hat wins your choice of T-shirt form the UU Store.
The third name drawn form the hat wins your choice of set of string from the UU Store.

Rules:
- ukulele front and center
- originals and instrumentals welcome
- multi-tracking and enhanced video effects — go for it
- please post no videos until after midnight Hawaii time

Okay, let's crank it to 11. :)

Playlists:
Spinal Tap Songs
Eleven's Songs
Crank it to 11

Last edited:
So 10.c.c miss out by one...........boo-hoo .....but we might get some football (UK Style ) soccer songs in ....3 Lions on a shirt ...but 11 men in the team.......

I've got something I've been working on a long time that will be good for this week.

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Another Doug original ukulele!! Folks, trust me, you don't want to pass up this opportunity.

oh my days i was right

:eek:

:rock:

doug that intro vid was sooooooooooooooooo charming

and wow the prize - i speak for everyone, i know i do, i must do - WE ALL NEED THAT UKE SO BAD!

any chance - you could make 11 of them - more to go round? ;)

Does it count if it's in the player's name for the video?
My favorite number is 11, and I use it in my UU handle.

Moreover, we can perform any song that Ginny's ever done, right?

Ohhhh this is so hard!! Definitely going to be a challenge to pick a song.

So 10.c.c miss out by one...........boo-hoo .....but we might get some football (UK Style ) soccer songs in ....3 Lions on a shirt ...but 11 men in the team.......

You could try Status Quo instead - They were always cranked up to 11

Does cranking my Risa up to 11 count? :)

Last edited:
I've never participated in these Seasons with a view to winning and see it more as throwing a toon in and seeing what my fellow Seasonistas make of my self indulgent entries..............oh how things change .....I WANT THAT UKE ......this is a declaration of WAR !! Lol ;)

Can we do a pistache of a song Doug ?

Last edited:
Before you all start getting too excited - and too hung up about the rules ;) - can I ask you please, please, please get some votes in for the End Of Year extravaganza. I've done all the hard work for you. All you have to do is send me a PM. Pretty please?

Vote For Best Overall Performance

Vote For Best Duet/Group

Vote For Best Original Song - you're up for this one Doug!

Vote For Funniest Video Of The Year

Vote For People's Choice / Favourite Video of the Year

Vote For Your Seasonistas Of The Year

Last edited:
Top Bottom