FS: Covered Bridge Tenor (5A Clara Walnut / Western Red Cedar), $600 Shipped CONUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Covered Bridge #018, 5A Claro Walnut back/sides with Western Red Cedar top. This Uke has a really beautiful warmth to its tone. In fact, my music teacher proclaimed first dibs on this from the moment he first heard it. Unfortunately he was surprised with a large tax bill instead of a refund (doh!). Strung with D’Addario Pro-Arte (re-entrant). I’m including three nuts, the original bone nut from with the spacing used by Covered Bridge in all their Ukes (g and A strings are a bit further from the edge for more room to bend strings) and two new nuts professionally cut with standard string spacing (one bone and the currently installed high tech synthetic nut). Includes quality hard-sided case.

• 5A Claro Walnut with a Western Red Cedar top
  • Curly Koa bindings
  • Ebony fretboard and bridge
  • Amber bridge pins with abalone dots
  • Abalone fret markers and rosette
  • Bone nut and saddle 1.5 inch at the nut
  • Peghed brand tuners

The only reason for selling is I’ve decided to experiment with many different Ukes during my first couple of years and I’m not currently in a position to justify having more than two Ukes at a time. View attachment 64742View attachment 64743View attachment 64744View attachment 64745

This Uke was the luthier’s (Terry Bullinger) daily player that my wife surprised me with for a Christmas gift this past December (she is supportive of my plan to rotate Ukes). We paid $600 and I’ll sell it for the same, shipped CONUS, including all three nuts (the two I had cut cost me $75). I won’t consider lowball offers because my teacher would like to buy it in a few months at $600 if I haven’t already sold it. PM me or email me at eddiemonnier at me dot com.

Last edited:
Killer buy at $600. I lusted after this uke until I got two covered bridge ukes of my own.

I watched a few Covered Bridge reviews and videos on You Tube, and this one is mucho tempting. Is the purfling near the bass side of the neck a little crooked? What is the neck profile like. One guy in Germany said it's chunky, but a guy in Australia said it's slim and fast. I suppose they could be all different, depending on what was asked for.

I'm away on business right now so will have to confirm on the purfling when I'm back end of the week (sorry). The neck is thicker than any other Uke neck I've played. But it feels really good, to me.

I watched a few Covered Bridge reviews and videos on You Tube, and this one is mucho tempting. Is the purfling near the bass side of the neck a little crooked? What is the neck profile like. One guy in Germany said it's chunky, but a guy in Australia said it's slim and fast. I suppose they could be all different, depending on what was asked for.
Yeah, mine was slim and fast because I had the guys custom build it for me that way with a narrower neck profile and a 1.3/8" nut. I haven't played one of their standard models before so can't comment.

Jamie, I didn't prepare one but I did previously post this one of me demonstrating "Chunky Cheese", a chunking practice exercise my teacher and I made. It was simply to show the exercise as some people requested it after I posted a message about the exercise. No thanks to me, it's not the best sound sample but it may give you an idea. I can do more this weekend when I'm back in town (but bear in mind I'm a newbie so it's a bit like asking granny or grandpa to show you what their 911 can do. ;-).

Yeah, mine was slim and fast because I had the guys custom build it for me that way with a narrower neck profile and a 1.3/8" nut. I haven't played one of their standard models before so can't comment.
Hey Eugene! That was you on You Tube.... Cool. I like thicker necks, so this one sounds right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom