Single ukulele NEW LAW

pondweed

Reaction score
posited this on Cosmos and thought it would be fun over here too...

A decree has been passed and there are now harsh sanctions on those found to be flouting the single ukulele law.

It is a young, cruel, dictatorship so plan on 35 or 40 years.
Which one do you keep (or find to replace your present quiver) - before the collection van arrives and your certification is issued.

Luthiers are all taken into the state court and given new duties directly serving the ruler. (You can still keep one, too.)

You may wish to describe the reasoning in your choice to help others in their hours of anxiety choosing.

No hiding caves for secret collections. No putting them into the names of your wider family. No running into the wilderness. You - and they -will be found.:mad:

This is why I have guns... :)

John

You'd have to prise my Mainland Red Cedar out of my cold dead hands ;). I could lose the others... if I absolutely had to.

Okay, I don't understand...

Is the law that you may have only one ukulele, or that you may NOT have only one ukulele?

Because I'm all over not having just one....

-Kurt​

Welcome to Florida where we have "The Castle Doctrine." You come into my house to seize any one of my ukes and I get to shoot you....free and clear! Not sure which I have the most of, guns or ukes!!!!!! :shaka:

OK, I'll play. Tough choice, but not really. My custom Moore Bettah. I hope that I could keep a set of low G and reentrant strings to switch back and forth.

That being said, I would rather flee that brutal dictatorship with all of my babies in tow. I would envision a scene similar to when Saigon fell and the Americans were scurrying to board the airlines to evacuate. Except everyone carrying multiple uke cases!

Easy choice - I'd be keeping my Moore Bettah slothead koa tenor. The main reason I picked that one because it's a Moore Bettah, obviously.

I don't own any guns, but judging from the previous posts, and under this new 'single uke law,' I am now worried about severely UAS stricken gun owners finding me and my Moore Bettah. :uhoh:

I'd be a little concerned about a government that cares how many ukuleles each of its citizens has. Subversive that I am, I'd get a variety of tenor guitars and string them in baritone ukulele tuning.

I'd shoot myself and be buried with my ukes :eek:

That's what the Pharoah said. :D

At the moment I have no uke, but I have no problem personally having only one. I do, however, whole-heartedly support the right to have as many as you can afford and probably some you can't. So I'll be proudly defending the rest of you in uke court. Always knew I should have gone to law school... LOL

I'd be a little concerned about a government that cares how many ukuleles each of its citizens has. Subversive that I am, I'd get a variety of tenor guitars and string them in baritone ukulele tuning.

I think some may be missing the point of this thread. What I took the OP to be asking is what uke would you keep if you only got to have one. He framed it in a little scenario just to make it more interesting. Looks to me like a lot of Americans are just itching for an excuse to fight someone. :iwant: It's the American way. :)

Lest anyone take umbrage at my remarks I'm saying this all tongue in cheek and in jest. But remember at the core of every jest lies a grain of truth.

Last edited:
In terms of what I currently own, I surprised myself as I thought about this--based on the patterns of the last few months, the answer is my Kala SLNG long-neck soprano. It's an inexpensive laminate, but it really sings, and it has the HMS setup, so it's almost always the one I reach for when I feel like playing. It's a fantastic little instrument.

If I can have any ukulele at all in exchange for the ones I have, I'd have to hope Chuck Moore has time to make me a tenor or concert before they shut him down!

I think some may be missing the point of this thread. What I took the OP to be asking is what uke would you keep if you only got to have one. He framed it in a little scenario just to make it more interesting. Looks to me like a lot of Americans are just itching for an excuse to fight someone. :iwant: It's the American way. :)

Lest anyone take umbrage at my remarks I'm saying this all tongue in cheek and in jest. But remember at the core of every jest lies a grain of truth.

and in that grain of truth, there is a yummy marshmallow centre with strawberry sprinkles. It's just a game, right! What is REALLY important in the ukulele you hold? Put your guns down and play the game...

One uke? Meh. What if we set up a swap system. We could experience all sorts of ukes but still only have one **at a time**. I'll start the membership signup. It will be like Gamefly... $7.99/mo.

+1 greyghost

I was thinking the same thing. KA-SLNG.....can't seem to put it down. It hangs on my wall and is just a joy to play. A simple laminate with a great HMS setup. And I don't have to worry about the Southern California humidity issues.

Kurt

Top Bottom