Tenor Uke by BREEDLOVE!!!???

Anything built by Kim is going to sound good and be a good investment. Not sure why the listing says "over 20 years of experience" though...Kim's been building for over 35 years.

Anything built by Kim is going to sound good and be a good investment. Not sure why the listing says "over 20 years of experience" though...Kim's been building for over 35 years.

Well, 35 is over 20, isn't it?

Breedlove has been making ukes for about a year now, since last year's NAMM. That tenor certainly looks very cool, but definitely spendy. I'm not sure if the same money isn't better spent buying something from a more established custom ukulele maker.

Breedlove, SCGC, and now Collings seem to be into this gazillion dollar ukulele market now, which I find pretty unexciting since a great majority of uke enthusiasts will not even see one in person, much less play one. While the Fender ukes are chinese factory made me-too instruments, I like their approach a little better since it at least gets ukes into real people's hands. What would be cool is if they made ukes that compete in the price bracket of the Hawaiian makers such as Kamaka. That's what I'd like to see personally.

That's definitely a good looking uke, but that price is just really steep. But the uke seems to be in a local uke shop, so someone on Oahu may actually be able to go and check it out in person.

Haha, nah. I dont want to go in and play it knowing perfectly well that I have zero intention of buying it, since at that price, it is not a good value at all. I feel bad wasting their time and depreciating their inventory. And I'm much more fond of Easy Music Center and Dan's Guitars for getting ukes and uke-stuff locally anyway. :)

Holy crap! I've always loved the sound of breedlove guitars. I'm interested in how this uke sounds.

I can't believe they are charging shipping at that price. That's a deal breaker for me!!

Breedlove has been making ukes for a year now i had the original number one which is now in Japan. Most they make go to Japan and they are very similiar to compass rose designed ukes. Sound wise they vary but are very well crafted and play nicely...

That is a gorgeous uke, and I'm sure it sounds as awesome as their guitars do. :eek: But the price is definitely steep, considering what else is out there.

As long as established guitarmakers are taking a stab at building ukes, I hope Rainsong does it too! I'm a huge fan of their carbon-fiber guitars. They're loud, super durable, and they actually have a lot more tonal character than many wooden instruments. They started off building guitars in Hawai'i, so the roots are in place. ;)

its SO SHINY!!

i guess i'll add it to my list of expensive instruments i'll buy if i win the lottery (i can still dream!) :D

but wow is that a nice ukulele

Top Bottom