East-Start Co group buy

Novakaine

Reaction score
East-Start Co.

Hello Nova here.
I'm new to the Uke world being a percussionist by trade.
But I've become enamored by my friend's ukelele.
So, I bought several, now I want to move up a notch.
After hunting online I've discovered the East-Start co. in China.
I was wondering if there's a another purchase group going on.
Having seen one on this forum.
If so could someone give me the details.
Would love having a arched top.
Thanks.

Given how long the current group is waiting to get theirs, I don't think anyone's eager to start up another group buy.

My advice is find another inexpensive electric (if that's your bag) and see whether any of the current crop want to sell theirs off if and when they ever arrive.

I organized the group buy from East-Start and it is taking longer than we were first told. When we placed the order on December 10, 2013, we were told it would take between 30-45 days to build 22 ukes and they would try and deliver before January 31, 2014 the Chinese New Year, but then they said they couldn't make that date and it would be mid February because the factory was closed, but then it became mid-March. I just received a reply that it would definitely be the end of March.

I started this when I contacted Kamoa asking about their Evolve arch-top, which as best as I can tell is provided by East-Start to Kamoa as an OEM. Kamoa said the Evolve is $600-$750 and a six month special order. So I found East-Start and got a group price, but I think we might be in the same boat as Komoa. So far most of the people in our group order are fine with waiting it out. East-Start has stated that they want to make the ukes good quality, not fast.

East-Start did tell me when we finalized our order that the next round would require ordering 30 ukes, so you can imagine how long those might take.

Aw, okay but thanks.
Had been reading your thread.
Who knows being a guitarist and a wood worker I might try building my own.
Who knows.

Top Bottom