Roy Smeck's "Melody in F"

You, sir, are one of my ukulele heroes. I found myself wondering through the first minute, "Is he gonna go full-Smeck on this?" And you did! Tapping and soundhole-blowing and all! Well done!

Thank you!!!! You're too kind. I had to go full Smeck on this one. lol This is the first Smeck video that I ever saw and it opened my eyes to what was possible on a uke. The tapping and the tricks are always what people notice when I show them Smeck videos, so I had to include them in my own video as a tribute.

Last edited:
Wow , that was awesome.

tough song...wow. well played. and, for what its worth, you blow in the hole better than smeck himself. no jive

thx

Really excellent! If you keep working on it, the only thing I'd add is: cross your legs at the knees, like Roy! :D I play a couple of his songs for fun and they are such workouts. Truly, Wonderful work. Thanks for sharing this.

Great to see you back pal...where in the hell have you been???

Fantastico!

I've wondered the same thing myself a couple of times. Now we have the answer - he's been Smecking himself up all this time.

So awesome!!!

This is incredible! Thanks for sharing. :)

Great song and great playing. Can i ask what is the maker of the pineapple you are playing?
Bill

Thanks so much everyone! It is a very fun song to play. I am already getting much better at it. That was just Day One. My plan is to re-record it again in a month and see how it improves. And it is a Luna pineapple. Pretty nice for the price! Thanks again everyone for all the nice comments!!!!

So much energy! And, that is one laid back dog snoozing on the couch.

OK. Day 5. Sounding much better. Worked the proper ending in and cut the tapping notes until I can do it justice.

Johnny that's great! I love that piece - have you tried playing it on banjo-uke? I saw young Michael Adcock do it on banjo-uke last night - it sounds pretty good!

Top Bottom