Phishy Scam email

Cornfield

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I received an email, purportedly from MyaMoe, that reads

Kindly view this newsletter i uploaded for you using Google Docs secured File uploader. Click to open: Newsletter - DA06 and sign in with your email for your secure access, it's a very important news.

It has an live link in it. Do not click the link! This is a known scam. Someone apparently has their email list.

Repeat - Do Not Click the link.

see olarte's thread, john

did u sell that kamaka sop, btw
/

I hope no one got caught up in this.
Dead giveaways that it is phishy?
Recipients not shown, not personalized, it didn't read like a typical email from Gordon or Char, it wanted me to click on an external link.

Yep good clues doe sure

Why not email a news letter, not ask you to go get it.
You should never be prompted to use your email credentials by any site other then your own email client.
It certainly did not read or look like anything that Gordon or Char would have sent.

Unfortunately, at least two or 3 Uke enthusiasts took the bait. Hopefully they read our warnings and changed their password ASAP.

One other word of caution....aside from changing your password make sure you don't have the same password somewhere else like fb and if you do make sure you change it there as well.

I never use the same password anywhere else as I do for email. Think of your email as they key to everything else. That's why you need to be extra vigilant with it.

I hope no one got caught up in this.
Dead giveaways that it is phishy?
Recipients not shown, not personalized, it didn't read like a typical email from Gordon or Char, it wanted me to click on an external link.

Thanks John...just got on their email list. since my recent M-M acquisition, and was very tempted to open the link, but I don't do Google, so I passed. It was a reference to their newsletter.

Top Bottom