OK another silly uke build idea.

Novakaine

Reaction score
After studying various scratch methods.
A silly thought occurred to me.
Having found some premade guitar kits online.
What would be the feasibility of adapting one for a solid body uke electric baritone uke?
I was thinking adapting a premade bolt-on baritone uke neck and adding shims to the cavity to secure if necessary.
Any thoughts or ideas for such a build?
Has it even been tried before?
Thanks and try not to laugh to hard.

never built one but if i did, using the solid body guitar kit you just need to find a baritone fretboard and a strong enough neck and somehow bolt it onto the body, then you got to make sure the scale of the batione wont be on the humbuckers , depending where the magnets are located, unless you have the tools to route out your own cavitys for the magnets then no problem at all. anything possible with the right tools.

Yes I have a small wood shop so the tools are no problem.
Thanks.

I think you'd have a hard time with the scale length. Most guitars are around 25" scale. Baritone ukes are more like 19-20". To keep the bridge in the same place you would need to shorten the neck. Your neck/body joint would be a few frets shorter. A stratocaster has the neck joint at the 17th or 18th fret. Yours would probably be more like the 14th. Not a big issue but it would look like a stubby neck on the body.

Top Bottom