Going Too far?

WashAshore

Reaction score
It's not what you think! I put it in the bathroom when I take a shower, it
needs the moisture. I thought, "What if somebody saw that?" No, I don't
play it in the john.

I may or may not have brought a ukulele into the bathroom before just to annoy my boyfriend...so no judging! hehe

why not play in the bathroom?

Great acoustics, humidity, solitude, comfort :)

keep uke'in'... wherever :)

I agree with Uncle Rod - great acoustics with all that tile.

However...if you leave the ukulele right there...and you really do "go to far"...well...let's just say the uke could end up a little more humid than you intended... LOL

John

I agree with Uncle Rod - great acoustics with all that tile.

However...if you leave the ukulele right there...and you really do "go to far"...well...let's just say the uke could end up a little more humid than you intended... LOL

John

Hahaha gross.

Not to mention just normal splashing!

Might I remind you all that ukes, when played for years in a smoker's household, will forever smell of smoke.

Imagine the first time someone opens the case after buying a uke on the marketplace from someone who habitually played it while on the john, and takes a breath...

Don't be that guy.

Or at least hang one of these in the soundhole:

Magic_Tree_Air_f_4ca7493c736b5.jpg

Ewwwwwww, potty humor. I agree with the wall hanger idea.

Band director friend, playing on the toilet one Sunday. Stayed in there so long, his legs fell asleep with the pressure of the seat on bottom and the guitar on top. He went to stand up and collapsed - fell straight over.

On a semi related note. Don't play the Uke in a hot tub. I did, and it was fun as heck, but didn't turn out so well for the uke..;) Before I get all the "Dumb ass" comments, I knew it wasn't a good idea, and I did use a cheap uke due to that, but it was a hit, and fun playing in a hot tub. Neighbors, and the couple folk that were around loved it, and thought it was funny and charming as hell to see an old fat man wearing a derby, sitting in a hot tub strumming on a uke. It was a hit. It was that ukes last performace however.. It gave it's life to make people smile, so it's all good.. lol

On a semi related note. Don't play the Uke in a hot tub. I did, and it was fun as heck, but didn't turn out so well for the uke..;) Before I get all the "Dumb ass" comments, I knew it wasn't a good idea, and I did use a cheap uke due to that, but it was a hit, and fun playing in a hot tub. Neighbors, and the couple folk that were around loved it, and thought it was funny and charming as hell to see an old fat man wearing a derby, sitting in a hot tub strumming on a uke. It was a hit. It was that ukes last performace however.. It gave it's life to make people smile, so it's all good.. lol

I dragged my 52 Martin Soprano this week 180 feet below the surface in a cavern (88% humidity) just to find out that my camera battery was dead, ugh.... Got the outdoor uke for the hot tube though.

Doctor Oz would recommend lowering the toilet lid when flushing. Just sayin'. Lol

Folks,
I put it in the bathroom before I shower, take it out when I'm done. It is NOT in
there when anything else is going on. I got the idea from when I used to travel
a lot on business. I would hang my wrinkled, out-of-the-suitcase clothes in the
bathroom when I took a shower. Did the trick on the clothes, works for the Uke.

Top Bottom