Kanile'a K-2 Custom

Nuke-ulele

Reaction score
Well. post edited...wife lost her job today, and she is 39 weeks pregnant...so this baby is going on a fire sale. It is my only uke, but i have no choice. I am dropping it down to 900 bucks!

This is an all mango tenor with ebony fretboard, black top binding, grover black nickel tuners, angled headstock, and a 'hog neck. I have it strung with Worth Browns right now. Great shape, played fro about 18 months or so, so it is not super new, but I take great care of my instruments. I had Dave Talsma install a MiSi under sadlle pickup which has an active on-board preamp that needs just 60 seconds (!) to recharge.

I have a lot more info and woudl be very happy to talk to anyone about it. It was about $1500 new with options, and teh pickup was $200 installed. I will also thrown in a ProTec tenor hardshell case in pretty good shape, an $80 value...so that is $1780 invested and I will sell it for $900 or best offer.

No real nicks or scratches. The bridge looks like it is slightly angled toward the nut, due to the very scalloped bracing, but the soundboard is resonant, beautiful, and stable. I only noticed it when I was having Dave install the pickup and we put a rule on the face of the ukulele. I just want to be 100% honest! My eBay name is "metroplanner," and I have a 100% rating with over 100 transactions.

Someone will really love ths instrument, I have. It is a performance ready ukulele with a pro level pickup and a unique, one of a kind look! I will split shipping.

2698633133_833c049c06.jpg

2698633029_b76b66f344.jpg

2698632899_bb755a7be7.jpg

Last edited:
UU member special...999$, I split the shipping!

I have someone who is generously holding on to the new uke for me for a few days, but man, I want to see this one go to a good home!

Well, my wife lost her job today, so the uke is definitely still for sale, but the reason has changed considerably. On top of that...she is 39 weeks pregnant...yup...her boss laid her (and 7 others) off a few DAYS before her due date.

No fooling...not looking for sympathy, but I am lowering the price to 900 dollars in hopes for a sale. Please, if you know anyone at all that may be interested...I would love you forever.

This is my only uke, and even she does not want me to be uke-less, so I will probabaly get something really modest and pocket the difference, so cash + trade offers are very welcome as well.

Last edited:
Well, my wife lost her job today, so the uke is definitely still for sale, but the reason has changed considerably. On top of that...she is 39 weeks pregnant...yup...her boss laid her (and 7 others) off a few DAYS before her due date.

No fooling...not looking for sympathy, but I am lowering the price to 900 dollars in hopes for a sale. Please, if you know anyone at all that may be interested...I would love you forever.

This is my only uke, and even she does not want me to be uke-less, so I will probabaly get something really modest and pocket the difference, so cash + trade offers are very welcome as well.

Man! I am so sorry to hear that! Best of luck to you and your wife! I have this Ko'olau Tenor that I would love to trade to you for your Kanile'a. It has a twin spot pickup that was installed and I would throw in an extra $100 dollars. I don't think that helps you much though... (I wish I could sell it and buy yours! That thing is just beautiful)

Man! I am so sorry to hear that! Best of luck to you and your wife! I have this Ko'olau Tenor that I would love to trade to you for your Kanile'a. It has a twin spot pickup that was installed and I would throw in an extra $100 dollars. I don't think that helps you much though... (I wish I could sell it and buy yours! That thing is just beautiful)

Wow, that does sound super nice, and thanks so much. Yeah, unfortunately I am probabaly going to end up a little further down the uke food chain than a Ko'olau! I absolutely adore the new Ko'olau T-1 series...the sort of simple stripped down base model ones...satin, beautifully simple and sweet sounding from what i can tell. My wife does not want me to do this really at all...unless I get something I treasure as a result. She is worried that I will just regret it in the end, which I might :(

Oh well. I suppose I would be better off selling this for 800 or 900 bucks then buying something in the 300 dollar range, leaving me with 500 or 600 in extra cash!

Looks like we may have sold the Kanile'a...thanks so much to the warm UU community...pending...I will update this when the deal is done!

Top Bottom