Best Baritone Capo

notgeorgeformby

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good capo for baritone uke?

I have a Kyser which works fine except it gets in the way of fingering at the first fret. Ideally I want something less intrusive.

I'm looking at the Shubb and the Victor Dunlop as alternatives. These are really for guitar so I'm assuming they would fit a baritone neck.
Any thoughts?

Can anyone recommend a good capo for baritone uke?

I have a Kyser which works fine except it gets in the way of fingering at the first fret. Ideally I want something less intrusive.

I'm looking at the Shubb and the Victor Dunlop as alternatives. These are really for guitar so I'm assuming they would fit a baritone neck.
Any thoughts?
I have used the Dunlop 7828 Russell banjo/uke elastic capo, as well as a guitar version, for about 50 years, which means a baritone/guitar B7 has annoyed me many times when capo-ed. Still better than the big hunks of metal, IMHO. They have slimmed down, but are in the way above and below the neck.
Lots of people sell these, & they are cheap & easily carried in a pocket.
I would love to hear of something better.
The only downside is that it takes 2 hands to put it on, but that can be done w/o a strap by holding the uke by the neck & capo w. 1 hand while securing the capo w. the other.

Last edited:
Rubber band and a pencil.

Top Bottom