Ken Timms Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuck

Reaction score
Ken Timms Soprano (Now Sold)

I've just had this Style O Soprano returned and money was refunded..The Guy who purchased it 3 months ago said he couldn't bond with it :confused:..he says he took it to a Luthier who said it needed a neck reset co's the action was too high and it had intonation problems (All a load of rubbish ;)).....if anybody is interested in it, the action at the 12th fret is just a gnats cock under 3mm..and it plays great .. ebony fretboard, all solid mahogany construction...to prove it's ok I made a little demo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_COF0gWORy0 price £295 plus postage

Last edited:
No price listed.... you giving it away I'll take it.

Ive seen that uke...it hardly has any saddle above the bridge = bad neck set from the get go.
Another expert :uhoh: This uke i'm selling is a copy of a 1930's Martin style "O" I've been building these for the last six years..the saddles rarely go above 1.5 mm on these old ukes...(Thats why the tops don't warp)
Here are some pic's for you to judge whats what for yourself.
Genuine 1930's Martin style O

2013 Ken Timms Style O (This is the one for sale)

Photo from The Martin Ukulele Museum

Last edited:
Ken, I'll take it I ain't skeered. Sending pm

Thanks for saving my marriage dude! My wife wants to learn Uke though, so I'll be all over a Timbuck soprano at some point.

Well here's my photo Mr. Timms

photo-18.jpg

Sorry, but when you sight down the neck and the finger board lines up closer to the bottom of the bridge than the top, bad neck set:biglaugh:

I'm tiring of this thread so I'm closing it.
I don't measure things by eye ..I'm an engineer not a marksman ...I use a straight edge like this
What I aim for is to line up the top of the frets to approx: half way up the bridge,
This is the Martin Soprano line up.

And this is mine....Or is it the other way about ?

Another awesome uke Ken. Man, someone got a brilliant deal on this. Congrats to the buyer. Now closing at OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom