what is a UAS?

dbcali

Reaction score
so, i keep reading about uke players having the UAS...what is it? is it genetic? is it contagious? do i already have it? thanks, donnyb

"Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome". Kinda' like Lays potato chips - 'Betcha' ya' can't have just one!". So, DB, what ukulele are ya' eyin' for your next "acquisition"?! LOL! Ric

Last edited:
UAS behaves like a viral infection, but once it sets in, it actually operates to alter the genetic structure of its host. I think UAS would be best classified as a subcategory in Memetics:rock::music::rock:.

so, i keep reading about uke players having the UAS...what is it? is it genetic? is it contagious? do i already have it? thanks, donnyb

Stick around here a few minutes. You'll have it before you know it.
And if there's a cure, we don't want to hear about it!

Last edited:
Stick around here a few minutes. You'll have it before you know it.
And if there's a cure, we don't want to hear about it!

And a moment or two looking at Chuck Moore's website will make the UAS set in, never to be cured again :worship:

...I have aspirations; someday Mr. Moore and I will meet to discuss my own very special uke...

The sure cure to UAS is to tell the other half you spent more on your new Uke than the engagement ring!!!!!
Oh wait thats a cure for being engaged....

And a moment or two looking at Chuck Moore's website will make the UAS set in, never to be cured again :worship:

...I have aspirations; someday Mr. Moore and I will meet to discuss my own very special uke...

You have aspirations? I had those too, but fortunately there IS a cure for those.

Oh the UAS... I swear its the one syndrome that I actually like. :D Once you get its hard if not impossible to stop...and why would you want it to?;)

Amazing, but true

My husband, who has been playing the ukulele for about 3 months longer than me, does not have UAS.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), I have it bad enough for both of us! :nana:

ok, i see now...thanks a lot for the explanations...so, who on UU has the worst case of UAS? anyone care to share it with everybody? and at what point did you seek counseling?

ok, i see now...thanks a lot for the explanations...so, who on UU has the worst case of UAS? anyone care to share it with everybody? and at what point did you seek counseling?

Deach. definitely Deach. he buys so many ukes, some of them arent even for him. its like theres a hole in his pocket that lands straight in MGM's pocket

Maybe there's something wrong with me. I never did get UAS, though I know so many of my other uke friends have it. I have only 2 ukes and I feel content.

One is my "demo uke" and is usually for when I run into people who want to learn the instrument (I let my cousin borrow it right now because she wants to learn how to play)

The other one is completely mine. I feel it's the only possession of mine that I completely own, as I bought it with my own lunch money one day after school. It's not like all my other stuff which has either been given to me, or bought by someone else. I don't know, I feel a sacred connection between me and my uke, and so I remain faithful to her.

Edit: And to add to that, I actaully felt grief when I had to send back my old tenor (this was the one I bought) to the company because it cracked at the heel. They said they couldn't fix it, so they sent me a brand new one free of charge. I never got to see my old one again. But I like to think the spirit of the old one now dwells in the new one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom