Your favorite song to play...

pixiepurls

Reaction score
I would love to know what your favorite song to play on your Ukulele is :)

My favorite song is pretty much whichever one I learned most recently. XD Right now it's Somewhere Over the Rainbow... does that mean I'm an Official Ukulele Player now? :D

"Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone".

John C.

I'm new to fingerpicking and started studying privately last Sept. My teacher asked mw to pick something I would like to work on. I've always admired George Harrison. My favorite piece by George is Here Comes The Sun. It's got a lot of interesting twists and turns. It took awhile but I feel comfortable enough to play it in public. George was also an avid ukulele player!

Morning Has Broken - Cat Stevens. I love this song and finger picking the chords is a blast.

Bill

"Dream a Little Dream of Me". This song is making the partial strumming/plucking really click for me. I began with just the chords and then my right hand just started improvising with plucking specific strings, chucking, etc., and it sounded reasonably good. Some songs have inspired me to make leaps in technique and this is one of them.

Donald

Most of the songs online and in the ukulele books I've not heard. I think I am a bit young for most of them. I wish there was a nirvana uke book!!!

Most of the songs online and in the ukulele books I've not heard. I think I am a bit young for most of them. I wish there was a nirvana uke book!!!

Pixie, I found a nice simplified version of All Apologies, just strum C in the verses, then F for the first part of the chorus, and it's one strum of G and whatever finger picking of that chord you come up with for the 'married, buried' bit. I like to hum the riff while strumming C before singing.

"Today" arranged by Mike Lynch.

I used to love playing songs like "San Francisco Bay Blues" and "Nobody Knows You When You're Down & Out" on the guitar back in the 60's, and find they are just as fun to play & sing today on tenor or baritone uke.

Just get a guitar fake book for whatever band/album you like. An A chord is an A chord no matter what instrument you play it on!

John

Top Bottom