MIM Ukes

WashAshore

Reaction score
I did a search, came up with 498 pages. I have the attention span of a flea, couldn't scan 498 pages.
I'm about to buy an inexpensive tenor and came across one I like from MIM. Anyone buy one form them,
are they really set up well?
Thanks

Hi,

I've never bought from Mim myself, but I'd be 99.9% certain that within those 498 pages, you'd find only posts from very happy customers. Mim (and her ukes) are very highly regarded within this community. You can certainly buy with confidence from her based on that alone.

I bought a concert from her and it came set up perfect. I know that she takes pride in her u kuleles and does a great job at setting them up, no matter what the price point.

In a word 'YES'!! I have purchased 3 Ukuleles from Mim. All have been set up perfect. She is one of just a few online Ukulele sellers that I would trust 100%. What you see on her web site is the actual ukulele you are getting. Her prices are competitive and they were all received within a few days of ordering. Whenever I'm looking for something new, she is the first site I check!! She has a great reputation on this site and is also a member. I can guarantee more positive recommendations will follow mine!!

Mim's a peach. 2nd to none in customer support and satifaction. Green light.

I had the opportunity to visit Mim's on a trip back from Florida and I purchased a Pono ATDC. Mim's service was excellent and she took all the time I needed to make a good decision including displaying a bunch of ukes I was interested in. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her for a ukulele purchase.

Bill

Absolutely, 100% what everyone above says. I've purchased multiple ukes from Mim (at one point she called me "the queen of UAS") - most recently an incredibly sweet little Paulele bamboo soprano that just arrived this past Thursday. You can't go wrong with Mim.

Yup, Mim's awesome!

I got a Big Island tenor from her last year. She was terrific to deal with and the uke was perfectly set up.

I've bought two tenors from Mim (Eleuke and Lanikai solid zebrawood), and they were set up perfectly and shipped FAST--+she's just great to deal with. In my opinion, you can't go wrong buying from her.

What everyone above has said, Mim is great to work with. I've bought a couple from her and she always goes out of her way to make sure you'll be happy

I cruise eBay all the time looking at tenor cutaway A/E ukes and just the other day I came across a listing from Mim of a Kala solid cedar/acacia koa. I emailed her to ask a variety of questions and she replied very quickly with clear a precise answers to all the questions I asked.

In fact, with her answers, I decided to hold off on buying the Kala, but she was as gracious and forthcoming as I've ever encountered. I would buy from her in an instant with full confidence that the setup would be perfect. She even said she would be sure the string volume balance would be correct with the pickup, which she said is how she started in ukuleles.

Mim is fantastic~ go for it!

I had to return a defective uke to her and she made it a very easy process and quickly refunded my money. I trust her.

Thanks everyone! Those endorsements say a lot, I'm going with the MIM tenor.

Most importantly, Mim is a person, not a "them." :) She personally sets up your uke, ships it out to you, and makes sure you're satisfied with your purchase. She's also a very active member of the community.

I've also bought from Mim. Excellent set up and excellent all around service. I even arranged with her to mail my uke so it would arrive on a Saturday.

It has occurred to me - I hope the OP is talking about the same Mim that we are - since in our world there really isn't a "MIM tenor"*, as she sells many brands of ukes. I have seen references elsewhere to a MIM uke, and in that context (I think it was eBay) it meant "Made In Mexico".

*Unless we consider any uke with Mim's special touch to be a "MIM uke".

Last edited:
It has occurred to me - I hope the OP is talking about the same Mim that we are - since in our world there really isn't a "MIM tenor"*, as she sells many brands of ukes. I have seen references elsewhere to a MIM uke, and in that context (I think it was eBay) it meant "Made In Mexico".

+1 - very good point. Mim uses "MIM" on all her eBay listings to make searching them easier but I do remember a few months ago there was another eBay user tagging some auctions with that (and it wasn't even for Made in Mexico). It was a pretty obvious attempt to capitalize on Mim's reputation. So, make sure you're dealing with the real Mim!

John

Mim rocks...and is a little bit hot, too.

Top Bottom