FS: Howlett Hawaiian koa tenor with hard case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
For Sale is a Pete Howlett Hawaiian koa tenor with hard case. Built and signed by Pete and well finished using Tru-Oil by the original owner. I am the 2nd owner. Pete’s ukes rarely come up for sale. This is the ukulele Pete built as a demo in his June 2011 Helsinki build class. Made of beautiful single boards of curly Hawaiian koa for the top and back as well as the sides. It is very lightly built, like all Howlett ukuleles. Spanish cedar neck, rosewood fretboard and rosewood bridge. Corian nut and compensated saddle. Includes the hard case shown. The ukulele is in very good condition, but shows signs of play (minor strumming and handling marks on the top). The uke also has some minor builder imperfections, nothing very noticeable. See the photos on both posts. The uke used to have a strap button which was removed (I will include a new one if you prefer to have one).

Asking $600 + shipping. PayPal please. New ukes of this Hawaiian style from Pete are starting around $1,500. It's a lovely uke by all measures. But, I’m trying to reduce my number of ukes. Hard decision to sale this one, but here it is.

Recent sound samples with Oasis warm low g strings that are on it now.
C Tuning: https://app.box.com/s/i62jx24l7ch1avl6bn70

Pictures are shown with Aquila strings, but I prefer Oasis and recently changed them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thought I didn't want another tenor, but this is soooo tempting!

I am an owner of an instrument Pete made as the demo in one of his classes. I put the pieces together and finished it, but he did all the real work… Mine is an amazing instrument--sound and playability are all there. This instrument is really worth what the seller is asking in my opinion, especially with the nice case. Good luck!

I had the chance to play this instrument when visiting Hodge. Easy player, very light and responsive. This is a great deal.

Bump.

Asking $550 + shipping

SOLD. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom