Danny Boy, Electric LP Risa Ukulele, Cricket Violin. Happy St. Patrick's Day 2014

Olarte

Reaction score
This one is dedicated to my Irish family, The McMahons. I've known them since I was 14...Today on St. Patrick's day my last name becomes O'larte!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!

Cricket Violin - Magic Fluke Company
Les Paul Electric Ukulele - RISA
Koa Tenor Ukulele - Mya-Moe
Cajon - Meinl

Hi Ivan,

This is great! It sounds like your Cricket violin is coming along nicely.

Good to see you put all these instruments together in your multi-track setup.

What strings are you using on your Risa LP?

-Booli

Thanks Booli, yes with a lot of practice, I'm seeing improvement.

As for the strings, they are the stock metal strings from Risa...

As for the strings, they are the stock metal strings from Risa...

I wonder if they are standard electric guitar strings, the DGBE strings from a regular set, just tuned up 5 semitones.

Do they have a lot of tension compared to your tenor or to your classical guitar?

What will you replace them with when it comes time for a string change?

I suspect they are standard strings. They are definitely high tension compared to classical like the e string on a violin. But because of the amplification, I can play it very lightly and not damage my nails or fingers.

I have an extra set of strings coming with my friends risa and I also suspect the current string will last a long time as I don't play it that often.

Well look at you. You picked right back up after years of no practice on the violin and its coming back. The Uke picking...fantastic!

Thank you so much Linda your comments and support mean a lot to me.

Yes I'm surprised how much of the violin skills have come back although I find it quite difficult and have a new respect for the instrument.

I'm improving a bit each day... I'm fact my rendition of amazing grace came out even better. Keep in mind both of these videos were done with no prior preparation they were truly done on the spur of the moment

You can check out the thread on amazing grace here http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?94159-Amazing-Grace-Instrumental-Cricket-Violin-Mya-Moe-Ukulele&highlight=Cricket+amazing

Thanks again.
Ivan

Top Bottom