Teacher In Little Rock, AR

mangorockfish

Reaction score
I hope someone who lives in or has lived in Little Rock, AR knows of a teacher or uke club there or maybe a teacher or club member will see this and respond.

I'm in Little Rock but don't know of any instructors or uke groups. However, the Pulaski County chapter of the Rackensack Society does have one or two occasional uke players--it's a group of folks who meet monthly to play music that was written for acoustic instruments before 1942. You won't see a uke at every meeting, but I bring one now and then, and so does another fellow. If you're interested in meeting local folks who play old-fashioned music (fiddle tunes, mountain music, some bluegrass and a LOT of Drimmy Driftwood's songs), check out www.rackensack.org.

Last edited:
Central Arkansas here! Jeff Swain at Carolyns Keyboard Corner teaches uke.. I know coz I gave him a uke when he was teaching my daughter! :)

Unfortunately I haven't been successful in trying to start a Uke Orchestra or club here. I put the word out in the music stores, Facebook, etc. Everyone was really positive about it and thought it was a great idea, but nobody stepped up to help me with it. I can't do it alone.

If Jeff can't take care of your needs right now, hit me up with a PM and let's get together to jam, I'm sure you'd learn a lot that way too! I'd be happy to help.
Cheers,
Patrick

Top Bottom