PDA

View Full Version : Teacher In Little Rock, AR

mangorockfish
03-16-2014, 09:58 PM
I hope someone who lives in or has lived in Little Rock, AR knows of a teacher or uke club there or maybe a teacher or club member will see this and respond.

PhilUSAFRet
03-16-2014, 10:25 PM
Hmmmm, Little Rock seems to be a ukulele desert. Here's a post from a year ago....no luck then.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?59488-Little-rock-arkansas-ukers-check-in

staylor
03-17-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm in Little Rock but don't know of any instructors or uke groups. However, the Pulaski County chapter of the Rackensack Society does have one or two occasional uke players--it's a group of folks who meet monthly to play music that was written for acoustic instruments before 1942. You won't see a uke at every meeting, but I bring one now and then, and so does another fellow. If you're interested in meeting local folks who play old-fashioned music (fiddle tunes, mountain music, some bluegrass and a LOT of Drimmy Driftwood's songs), check out www.rackensack.org.

flyingace
03-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Central Arkansas here! Jeff Swain at Carolyns Keyboard Corner teaches uke.. I know coz I gave him a uke when he was teaching my daughter! :)

Unfortunately I haven't been successful in trying to start a Uke Orchestra or club here. I put the word out in the music stores, Facebook, etc. Everyone was really positive about it and thought it was a great idea, but nobody stepped up to help me with it. I can't do it alone.

If Jeff can't take care of your needs right now, hit me up with a PM and let's get together to jam, I'm sure you'd learn a lot that way too! I'd be happy to help.
Cheers,
Patrick