Tenor Purchase, Change of Plan

WashAshore

Reaction score
I was ready to purchase a MIM Tenor, but some expected cash failed to come in. I know, don't count.....
So I took a chance on Leolani solid spruce top, rosewood back and sides, nice binding and inlaid abalone
sound hole. I read that used to make "tourist Ukes," I don't think this one of them, the components are too
nice. I checked the net and found them priced at the mid level, I got this one for chump change. So I've got
two of everything crossed, well not EVERY thing!

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that you weren't able to work with Mim. I have really enjoyed the uke I purchased from her. Good luck with the Leolani. I hope it meets and exceeds your expectations!

That Leolani should compare favorably with the equivalent model Kala. In fact, some have called the better Leolani models "Hawaiian Kalas" I haven't heard a solid spruce topped, rosewood bodied uke made by a reputable maker that I didn't like. Good luck.

I have been favorably impressed with the Leolani ukuleles I have purchased for my own use and for resale. They are working on building their own products in Hawaii. What designater do they use for the model you have?

Top Bottom